Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #3,016 of 5,538
Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #3,017 of 5,538
To me, the N8ii sound better than C9 LOL!!! But the driving power leaves a lot to be desired. I am seeking for an efficient full-size phones for it now

Is the soundstage larger? Is there more detail? How does it best the c9 more precisely?

(nervoucly bites nails looking at wallet)

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #3,019 of 5,538
Is the soundstage larger? Is there more detail? How does it best the c9 more precisely?

With the IEM on your signatures, I think N8ii is a better all-rounder over C9, you won't lost in handling or amplication quality when you move from C9 to N8ii. Can't comment on the sound signature because we need to take digital audio implementation into account and I can't comment on that

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #3,020 of 5,538
To me, the N8ii sound better than C9 LOL!!! But the driving power leaves a lot to be desired. I am seeking for an efficient full-size phones for it nowcompl

Great, so you'll document the full-size headphones that you tried with N8ii in next two months and share you journey with us when you make your final decision?

Where do we start? Closed back to maximize portability? Stick with dynamic or want to add a planar option to comliment the HD800 in your desktop stack?

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #3,021 of 5,538
i ordered the Kaei TAP-1S + PSU. Now stuck in the middle of Covid hell in China; hopefully I’ll get it next week, will share some impressions then.
Is that the one you mentioned in the aroma thread that would be coming?

Apr 21, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #3,023 of 5,538
Great, so you'll document the full-size headphones that you tried with N8ii in next two months and share you journey with us when you make your final decision?

Where do we start? Closed back to maximize portability? Stick with dynamic or want to add a planar option to comliment the HD800 in your desktop stack?
I will go with closed back for maximize portability for sure :)

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #3,024 of 5,538
I will go with closed back for maximize portability for sure :)
Let's draft a list.

High-end closed back headphones for N8ii
  • Meze Liric
  • Focal Stella
  • Kennerton Rognir
Your turn.

Apr 21, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #3,026 of 5,538
Let's draft a list.

High-end closed back headphones for N8ii
  • Meze Liric
  • Focal Stella
  • Kennerton Rognir
Your turn.
MDR Z1R
ES-R10 .

Everyone please chime in and we will have a list of closed back , easy to drive full-size to best benefit from the N8ii portable tubes

A side note is that when your N8ii is quick charging, it will has Rapid throbbing Red LED, where as normal and slower will blink slower

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #3,027 of 5,538
Sold the M9 and awaiting shipment for the N8ii. Look forward to finding out what this device has to offer. :dt880smile:

It was a hard decision between this and the new Sony WM1Zm2. Hope I made the right decision and don't end up with a buyer's remorse.

Generally not a tube guy and not a huge fan of devices that puts out lot of heat, but had to try this one with all the latest tech crammed into a portable footprint.

And I've had good experience with prior Cayin DAP (N6ii).

Apr 21, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #3,028 of 5,538
MDR Z1R
ES-R10 .

Everyone please chime in and we will have a list of closed back , easy to drive full-size to best benefit from the N8ii portable tubes

A side note is that when your N8ii is quick charging, it will has Rapid throbbing Red LED, where as normal and slower will blink slower
Meze Liric
Focal Stella
Kennerton Rognir
MDR Z1R
ES-R10
Denon D9200

Apr 21, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #3,029 of 5,538
This thread is dangerous. Ended up sitting in a chair recovering from a surgery and before I knew it n8ii ordered lol. Come on DHL….

Like many, I utilize a music service to manage my most popular and often listened too music files (for me, Apple Music). In regards to streaming services and these common android based DAPS, do all DAP’s use the information from these streaming services the same way? Does Cayin pull and/or process or use the information from Apple Music the same way as say, FiiO, when it comes the music files from a standardized streaming service?

Scott

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #3,030 of 5,538

I would say it is an upgrade in all aspects. Bass reach, detail, layering, resolution and staging as well. Stage does reach wider in my experience, with better imaging. N8ii without C9 is fabulous and I would not recommend someone to buy it in addition. But, if one already has the C9 it's an awesome upgrade. Especially with DD lows, adds some heft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back