Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Feb 24, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #541 of 5,538
You cannot hear down to 5hz, you are lucky if you can hear 20hz.

Even if the player would be able to go down to 5hz, your headphones most likely are not, so you still wouldn't be able to hear.
If, and that's a big if, both the player and the headphones can reproduce 5hz, there's virtually no music that goes down below 20hz.

While on the topic of frequency response, the N8II is direct-coupled 90 per cent of the way, with only the input section of its discrete power stage requiring the use of coupling caps. Naturally, these coupling caps are of excellent quality, and the size afforded by N8II means they are of a certain value and footprint already.

That majority DC coupling should yield great extension into the lows on N8II. As @horatiu says, not really for you to hear a 5Hz tone rendered since that's as much to do with your transducers as the source, but to provide great phase response down to the lows. What passes through at 5Hz, or the N8II's -3dB point, passes through 20Hz and has an effect there.

We should hear the benefits of N8II's DC coupling, flat audioband frequency response and -3dB bass point much more tangibly through proper low frequency phase reproduction therefore. That means faster, tighter, more articulate and impactful bass and sub-bass (again, if your IEMs and cans can produce that).

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #542 of 5,538
Pretty close to ordering one but wonder if there is going to be an SS or TI version.
Do you prefer SS or TI version because $3500 is too cheap, or because 440 grams is too light weight? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 24, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #548 of 5,538
Hello everyone. Does anyone know if it is mqa certified?
No. From my recollection, none of the Cayin products were MQA certified during their release. But, the MQA decoding came in few months after product release through firmware update.

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #549 of 5,538
N8ii has joined the stable...the original N8 was my very first 'reference flagship' DAP but ultimately left me with mixed feelings. Let's see if Cayin can do better this go around.

Feb 24, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #551 of 5,538
N8ii has joined the stable...the original N8 was my very first 'reference flagship' DAP but ultimately left me with mixed feelings. Let's see if Cayin can do better this go around.
I got the N8 SS and Gold one. I think the IEM needs to be top notch for it to bring out the best in the DAP. This pairing is imperative IMHO.

Feb 24, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #553 of 5,538
I wish Cayin would merge with Unique Melody and change their business strategy to release a new DAP every year. :)
Eventually R2R dac with dual nutube would be awesome mix. N8ii is reasonably priced comparing to what LP charges
for their invention that is if they can provide comparable SQ. I have a feeling N8ii would go quite well with Odin.

Feb 24, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #555 of 5,538
Oops clicked Pre-Order and "Pay Now" 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back