The Incoherent Rambling Room
Dec 17, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #16 of 1,250
Face it! the RX700 are too good for you to comprehend. is beyond comprehension.

i'm so ffffffffffing tempted to get the koss pro4aat ..... i love the look and the build, is like a freaking tank. but i wish i could try them out, anyone know how's the sound? too little stuff here.
around 65$ in amazon right now.

with it i could become the terror of the hobos
cool.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #18 of 1,250

what's with the shiny...earpads?

Quote:

i'm so ffffffffffing tempted to get the koss pro4aat ..... i love the look and the build, is like a freaking tank. but i wish i could try them out, anyone know how's the sound? too little stuff here.

cool.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #19 of 1,250

Quote:

Quote:

cool.gif

Rubber (read: vinyl) "PneumaLite" pads. Hey, before this, Koss' earpads were oil-filled.

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #20 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

cool.gif

Rubber (read: vinyl) "PneumaLite" pads. Hey, before this, Koss' earpads were oil-filled.

...ehhh...that's not to far from the gel filled beyerdynamic earpads for the DT series 9they exist...they look strange but they're here)

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 1,250
They're more of a flat black in person. Also, if you get them expect them to sound like garbage until they get a hundred hours or so on them. They'll probably need a decent amp too if their forefathers are any indication.

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #22 of 1,250

Quote:
They're more of a flat black in person. Also, if you get them expect them to sound like garbage until they get a hundred hours or so on them. They'll probably need a decent amp too if their forefathers are any indication.

I was just thinking that...other than the portapros, many koss phones have really high impedance vs sensitivity

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #23 of 1,250
I'm getting Super.Fi 5's, and Meelec ht-21's. Besides that, I have Kicker eb141's, and rx700's. Which, I agree, are apparently too awesome for your mind to comprehend... :wink:

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #24 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, my koss qz99 (terrible sound) has rubber pads too, and they feels like inflated or with some sponge impregnated with something inside, mostly fresh to the touch and not hot.
these koss models has deep cups and apply a very strong clamping force, the rubber pads seal well and they have awesome passive isolation, mostly.

Quote:

define "flat black in person" please.

Quote:
Quote:

I was just thinking that...other than the portapros, many koss phones have really high impedance vs sensitivity

and the ksc75 :wink:

they are 250 ohm, i was assuming i'd need an amp. if i made up my mind, i'd be using them for desktop only.

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #25 of 1,250
i found this today:

Superfux 681

Technical Details

1. Type: Dynamic, Semi-open
  2. Driver: 50mm, dome type, neodymium magnet
  3. Sensitivity: 98 dB (SPL/mW)
  4. Frequency Range: 10 to 30,000 Hz
  5. Rated Impedance: 32 Ohms

is like a physical copy of the AKG k240S, but with red thingys and quite different specs
K240:

Product Features

1. 55 ohms impedance, plug-in cable
  2. Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit
  3. Single cable for ease of use
  4. Semi-open, circumaural design
  5. 15hz to 25khz frequency range

..... still interesting for 30 $ (plus 10$ ships in amazon)

hey Oli hasnt posted the whole day, somebody call SWAT!!!!!

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #27 of 1,250

Quote:
i found this today:

Superfux 681

Technical Details

1. Type: Dynamic, Semi-open
  2. Driver: 50mm, dome type, neodymium magnet
  3. Sensitivity: 98 dB (SPL/mW)
  4. Frequency Range: 10 to 30,000 Hz
  5. Rated Impedance: 32 Ohms

is like a physical copy of the AKG k240S, but with red thingys and quite different specs
K240:

Product Features

1. 55 ohms impedance, plug-in cable
  2. Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit
  3. Single cable for ease of use
  4. Semi-open, circumaural design
  5. 15hz to 25khz frequency range

..... still interesting for 30 $ (plus 10$ ships in amazon)

hey Oli hasnt posted the whole day, somebody call SWAT!!!!!

[size=10pt]Working on that sub man, working on that damn sub. Can't wait to get it finished.[/size]

[size=10pt]Oh and "Superfux"... Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! "Superfux"  It's Super[/size][size=18pt]l[/size][size=10pt]ux, dude.[/size]

[size=10pt]I have a pair. I'll post the model number in a bit but they had... let's just say "problems."[/size]

[size=10pt]The ones you posted look nice though. Maybe I'll give them another chance.  [/size]

[size=10pt]I have too many phones to mess with right now though. I just got my Pioneer's and my SECRET phones and I'm still waiting on my Cortex. I really wish they'd send those Cortex already - they're the ones I'm most interested in.[/size]

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #28 of 1,250

Quote:
The portapros and the ksc-75s are the same right? I want to pick up a budget set of headphones for lulz
smily_headphones1.gif
preferably below $40 any suggestions?

[size=10pt]Portapro's and KSC75's are totally different. For one the KSC's titanium plated while the Portapro's are not. The general consensus (which I agree with) is that they sound somewhat similar with the KSC's extending more in the highs and the Porta's extending more in the low end. [/size]

[size=10pt]As for suggestions I'd say find a reputable dealer on Amazon with a good return policy and get yourself a pair of Maxell DHP ii's. They give you a nice taste of the hi-end for about $40. [/size]

[size=10pt]The Maxell's are what I'd call "fun" phones. If you'd like something a bit more even handed then the Creative HQ-1600's are my new favs for that. [/size]

[size=10pt]Oooooorrrrr... lol I just plugged in these Pioneer SE-MJ2's and they are very impressive right out of the box. I don't think I've heard a phone as small as this one impress me this much and they are in no way burned in yet. I'd get the SE-MJ3's though - if nothing else they look better. They have real metal on the sides if what I've read is to be believed and the headband looks better IMO and if anything they should sound as good or even better. All this and they are only a couple more dollars than the MJ2's. I actually meant to get the MJ3's but somehow ended up ordering the MJ2's instead *grrrrrr* Oh well, I'm enjoying them so far and I'm sure they'll only get better with some play time.[/size]

[size=10pt]If you need something less expensive just let me know - I have LOTS of suggestions.[/size]

Dec 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #29 of 1,250

Quote:
I'm getting Super.Fi 5's, and Meelec ht-21's. Besides that, I have Kicker eb141's, and rx700's. Which, I agree, are apparently too awesome for your mind to comprehend... :wink:

You've obviously just never heard good bass. Don't worry - some day, my son, some day.

[size=10pt]Funny thing: I put velour pads on my RX700's which effectively cut the bass boom in half. It finally made them listenable but they still weren't the bee's knees... far from it actually. A friend of mine needed a pair of full-sized phones so I gave him the RX700's. The first words out of his mouth upon hearing them were "Damn these things are bass-y." lol Get some real phones, please.[/size]

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #30 of 1,250
Grado SR80i or Alessandro ms1?
I've read a few thread about this and the general consensus seems to be very divided. 50% - 50% i'd say
eek.gif

anyone know what comes in the box of the sr80i, comfort pads, flats or bowls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back