The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Aug 31, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #8,791 of 9,235
Quote:
Radio shack has the V-Moda M-80's for $80, in store only.  You can check stock here:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11938792

hat tip to slickdeals for this one. 

Got one this afternoon. The sales lady says the one I got was brand new, but when I tried registering it on the V-Moda website, it says the number has been used...
It looks new and all items are in there, but I noticed the lady was walking out with the box opened checking inside...
No problems with sound. But I'm just wondering if V-Moda will honor the 2 year warranty if it's not "registered" to me. I will be keeping the receipt close on this one.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #8,793 of 9,235
Quote:
Got one this afternoon. The sales lady says the one I got was brand new, but when I tried registering it on the V-Moda website, it says the number has been used...
It looks new and all items are in there, but I noticed the lady was walking out with the box opened checking inside...
No problems with sound. But I'm just wondering if V-Moda will honor the 2 year warranty if it's not "registered" to me. I will be keeping the receipt close on this one.

I've contacted V-moda about a similar issue, their system doesn't recognize my registration number. I don't imagine it will since Radioshack is a well known retailer, but I'm hoping this deal doesn't turn out to be a dud in the end. I imagine I'll hear back Tuesday after the holiday.

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #8,796 of 9,235
I was in my local Radio Shack today looking for M-80s.  They didn't have any.  The did have V-Moda Bass Freq Metals for Android on clearance for $9.99 (regular $49.99).  I-phone version was on sale for $19.99.  I got the one for Android.  Upon first listen, I think it sounds VERY good for $10.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #8,797 of 9,235
Quote:
I was in my local Radio Shack today looking for M-80s.  They didn't have any.  The did have V-Moda Bass Freq Metals for Android on clearance for $9.99 (regular $49.99).  I-phone version was on sale for $19.99.  I got the one for Android.  Upon first listen, I think it sounds VERY good for $10.

Both Radio Shacks I visited didnt think they had M80s. They both had 1 after looking in the back. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #8,798 of 9,235
Both Radio Shacks I visited didnt think they had M80s. They both had 1 after looking in the back. 

I had them look in the back. No luck. I must say I'm really liking the Bass Freq Metals. Feel like I stole them for $10.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #8,800 of 9,235
Quote:

Radio Shack had them on clearance almost a year back with their red tag. Whatever m80 coming in might me from warehouses shipping to select stores.

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #8,803 of 9,235
I've contacted V-moda about a similar issue, their system doesn't recognize my registration number. I don't imagine it will since Radioshack is a well known retailer, but I'm hoping this deal doesn't turn out to be a dud in the end. I imagine I'll hear back Tuesday after the holiday.

Got a response from V-Moda. It seems there's something wrong with their registration page. Just keep the receipt and warranty coverage should be good.
I used a scanner app on my phone to save the receipt in PDF form and emailed it to myself, and stashed the original receipt in the case.
Great deal. Now if only the M-100 can get on sale just as good as this...

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #8,804 of 9,235
  Still love my A151's

Great deal for $42.

+1 to the A151s.

Comfortable and nice sound signature (a little rolled off in the treble) that allows me to put them in and just listen for extended sessions...work well with my Clip Zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back