The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Mar 20, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #4,397 of 9,235
Mar 20, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #4,399 of 9,235

Quote:
I bought from GD-Audiobase, with Dmitry, before. No problems. Weren't refurbs, anyway.

How long ago was this?
The thread I was looking at on head-fi seemed to be fine until mid-last year, when most people didn't get their orders for a while and others didn't get anything at all

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #4,400 of 9,235
Newegg has the Sennheiser - Earbud Stereo Headphones (CX 200) for $19.99 with promo code EMCNGHN84

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106241&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL032012&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL032012-_-EMC-032012-Index-_-HeadphonesAccessories-_-26106241-L0G

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #4,401 of 9,235
Grado PS500 for $371,99 at Amazon (only one left).

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Professional-Series-PS500-Headphones/dp/B005W1BXC6

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #4,403 of 9,235
Mar 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #4,405 of 9,235

Quote:
Im not sure if BuyDepot is an authorized dealer or not.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I thought I had seen a couple members who had purchased them new with warranty from buy.com.
It is a reputable site, and they claim "1-year Manufacturer's Warranty".

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #4,407 of 9,235
I am both glad and sad i missed out on the Grado PS500. Awesome price but really shouldnt buy anything anymore till after summer. But seems like a slim chance in hell it would go that cheap again so I would have purchased.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #4,408 of 9,235
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I thought I had seen a couple members who had purchased them new with warranty from buy.com.

At that price it's pretty much cheaper then buying a used pair, westone does not transfer warrenty. So therefore these having warrenty or not doesn't really matter at that price because they are cheaper then used ones.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #4,409 of 9,235
Quote:

Yes, buy.com is a big company, doesn't mean it's as reputable as say J&R, EarphoneSolutions, etc...and I'd say that because of the fact that they put that up knowing Westone won't honor the warranty because buy.com is not authorized.

From Westone's website - http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/about-us/authorized-e-retailers.html

Westone’s warranty is valid only on products sold by authorized dealers.

Unauthorized dealers often knowingly deceive the consumer by telling them the product is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. They may also attempt to provide warranty service by repairing product themselves. Repairs made by an unauthorized dealer may not meet Westone standards due to the use of inappropriate parts or untrained personnel.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4,410 of 9,235
Quote:
Yes, buy.com is a big company, doesn't mean it's as reputable as say J&R, EarphoneSolutions, etc...and I'd say that because of the fact that they put that up knowing Westone won't honor the warranty because buy.com is not authorized.

From Westone's website - http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/about-us/authorized-e-retailers.html

Westone’s warranty is valid only on products sold by authorized dealers.

Unauthorized dealers often knowingly deceive the consumer by telling them the product is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. They may also attempt to provide warranty service by repairing product themselves. Repairs made by an unauthorized dealer may not meet Westone standards due to the use of inappropriate parts or untrained personnel.

Yes, as repeated many times before.
Still, 1 year of buy.com's warranty is better than nothing.
Would you pay 120 extra just for warranty at another site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back