The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Dec 25, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #3,526 of 9,235
Amazon.co.uk have the triplefi10 pro in stock for £109.00.  That's pretty much the cheapest in the uk atm. 

Merry Christmas

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #3,527 of 9,235
Exactly as kckc said, I actually had a friend or two offered to help me order, but my bank balances are currently problematic for more than 1 pair right now.

Btw, must report in:

Waited on Futureshop.ca page since 6.30pm, watching the count down.
Refreshed the Coppers Info Page on Futureshop right at 8.00pm, the "add to cart" button activated right away. I proceeded to checkout queue by about 8.02pm.
The % bar creeped up the first few parts, jumping bit by bit. 3%, 7%, so on. Sped up  right around half (51%, 62%, 74%, etc.)
managed to reach the final checkout pages by 8.27pm, got my single order pair in, had a confirmation page with number, but they never sent me an email to confirm, so not sure how it'll go for the moment.

Found out a few minutes later that my roommate was actually in the futureshop queue as well starting about the same time as me (some other product though), and his page got stuck at 28% starting 8.35pm until after 9.30pm, at which point he gave up, closed the window, and used my laptop for the checkout instead. Smooth checkout thereafter though.

We also checked the MTPC info page again on about 10.00pm and status was still in stock though.

Used Google Chrome btw.

Quote:
I had a couple friends help me out ordering for me. Although I think it would've been fine simply ordering with a different credit card and shipping it to a different address, neighbors or workplace for example. 

Quote:
How did you manage to purchase more than 1 for your household?

Re: popularity, Monster is a much bigger name than Ultimate Ears.

EDIT: just checked my email, received email from Futureshop at 6.49am confirming order. Seems like they haven't reached the "4150 units" for sure by 8.30pm, and likely still wasn't sold out by 10.00pm.

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #3,528 of 9,235

Quote:
Exactly as kckc said, I actually had a friend or two offered to help me order, but my bank balances are currently problematic for more than 1 pair right now.

Btw, must report in:

Waited on Futureshop.ca page since 6.30pm, watching the count down.
Refreshed the Coppers Info Page on Futureshop right at 8.00pm, the "add to cart" button activated right away. I proceeded to checkout queue by about 8.02pm.
The % bar creeped up the first few parts, jumping bit by bit. 3%, 7%, so on. Sped up  right around half (51%, 62%, 74%, etc.)
managed to reach the final checkout pages by 8.27pm, got my single order pair in, had a confirmation page with number, but they never sent me an email to confirm, so not sure how it'll go for the moment.

Found out a few minutes later that my roommate was actually in the futureshop queue as well starting about the same time as me (some other product though), and his page got stuck at 28% starting 8.35pm until after 9.30pm, at which point he gave up, closed the window, and used my laptop for the checkout instead. Smooth checkout thereafter though.

Used Google Chrome btw.

I had a similar experience with the checkout. Although mine stopped at 11% and stayed the same from around 8:20pm EST until I decided to refresh an hour laster at 9. Then I was easily able to proceed with checkout. The email came a couple hours later although the link it gave (order status on FutureShop's website) isn't supposed to work until the morning. 

Also used Chrome. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #3,529 of 9,235
Futureshop's checkout queue was pretty messed up. Luckily mine worked out fine. My friend was cursing the whole hour (we had to walk over to another friend's house in between his stuck-checkout and the actual-working-checkout).

Quote:
I had a similar experience with the checkout. Although mine stopped at 11% and stayed the same from around 8:20pm EST until I decided to refresh an hour laster at 9. Then I was easily able to proceed with checkout. The email came a couple hours later although the link it gave (order status on FutureShop's website) isn't supposed to work until the morning. 

Also used Chrome. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #3,531 of 9,235
I managed to get my turbine fairly quick. I placed an order on 8:05, and it seemed like the queue would take forever to complete. Then, I noticed the 'proceed to next step' icon was somehow clickable. When I did, it guided me through the checkout page very smoothly. Later I found out it was a bug FS had, allowing people without full 100% in queue to proceed before them. Looks like I got lucky. Got 2 more the same way.

Dec 25, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #3,533 of 9,235
Hi guys,
For the people who didn't manage to get the Monster Turbine Coppers, at exactly 1:30pm there was ONE on stock.
I've been refreshing every 1-2 minutes since 1:10, and I thought maybe at exactly 1:30pm there might be something. So I refreshed like 4-5 times on 1:30 and I was able to grab it.
So keep checking, I suggest check at like X:30 and X:00, maybe you'll get lucky.
Good luck!

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #3,535 of 9,235
Does anyone know of any crazy deals on the IE8?  I am suspecting that some should be around due to the IE80 being released.

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #3,537 of 9,235
M9 for $9.99 from Amazon. Free Shipping w/ prime accounts.
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M9-BK-Hi-Fi-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324851831&sr=8-1

Newegg has them too in its after Christmas sale (w/ free shipping): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826735011

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #3,538 of 9,235

Quote:
Does anyone know of any crazy deals on the IE8?  I am suspecting that some should be around due to the IE80 being released.

They were on sale at amazon for $289.00 recently. Try and contact razordogg and make a deal with him. You may be able to haggle him down to $270.00 or a tad less. I'm sure hes trying to get rid of his inventory.

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #3,539 of 9,235
Quote:
They were on sale at amazon for $289.00 recently. Try and contact razordogg and make a deal with him. You may be able to haggle him down to $270.00 or a tad less. I'm sure hes trying to get rid of his inventory.

Will do - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back