The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Nov 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #153 of 9,235
plz, could one of u two explain how u did it exactly to use borderlinx? because i did some testing on the calculator, and it said that it would cost like 200$ to ship them to me
eek.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #154 of 9,235
  1. Register with Borderlinx and you'll get a US address (a DHL facility).
  2. Use that address as the shipping address in Amazon.
  3. Once the item is received, the shipping charges (based on volumetric weight), duties and taxes will be calculated and shown to you. You can keep a package for up-to 30 days. If you get more items, the shipping charges/Kg will reduce and you can save a bit on combined shipping.
  4. Pay the total charges through a Credit Card and you'll get the item within 3-5 working days (I do! Not sure about others).You can use any credit card to pay for the item, but you need a Citibank Credit card to pay to Borderlinx.
  5. Usually, the Total Cost calculator is inaccurate and the exact taxes, duties and shipping charges (including Fuel Surcharge, which is not shown) will be known only when the item arrives in your POD.

Hope this helps..

Nov 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #155 of 9,235
ok ty.
now i am trying again to make the calculations, and so far i get the same. it says that the total shipping charges are about 35€, which is ok, but then they add the exact cost of the package to the total cost, which is insane.
on the other side, u can not know the real shipping rates until they receive the package on ur USA/UK adress, because the calculator is just an estimation. and i guess that u can not "lie" on the product value field, and put like "1€", because they know what the real price is.
so, my question: are u ok with paying 150€ just for shipping that? because i think that is pure steal, while shipito costs me just the 35€, without the "total cost of the product added cause u are a moron and not live on the states"

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #157 of 9,235
Guess you misunderstood the value it showed. The total value shown is the estimated total cost to you. The total shipping charges only consists of Duties & Taxes applicable + Shipping Charges (based on the volumetric weight) + Fuel Surcharge on the shipping charge (guess 10% now). You'll only pay 35-45 Euros in the end to Borderlinx.

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #158 of 9,235

Quote:
ok ty.
now i am trying again to make the calculations, and so far i get the same. it says that the total shipping charges are about 35€, which is ok, but then they add the exact cost of the package to the total cost, which is insane.
on the other side, u can not know the real shipping rates until they receive the package on ur USA/UK adress, because the calculator is just an estimation. and i guess that u can not "lie" on the product value field, and put like "1€", because they know what the real price is.
so, my question: are u ok with paying 150€ just for shipping that? because i think that is pure steal, while shipito costs me just the 35€, without the "total cost of the product added cause u are a moron and not live on the states"

They add the price of your product to give you an overview of your total cost. You don't have to pay those 150 again, all you pay borderlinx for is shipping, customs and - as far as I can tell - a small fee.

EDIT: Oh well, ninja'd by esanthosh and kuraninja (appropriately enough..).

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #159 of 9,235
In 4 one. Fantastic price. This Amazon deal showed up at the right time. Returned my Audio technica ATH-AD500 cause it did not fit
My head well. Hope the sound on these triple-fis beat the full size ad500

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #160 of 9,235
Really shouldn't have done this but...I'm in for one. Darn it.

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #163 of 9,235
>>triple.fi sold out

ARGHHHG im so raging, for reference next time, can i just a credit card to buy stuff from amazon internationally? is this the recommended/only method? cause i dont have a credit card and have to apply for one, on the other hand i probably dont have means to other methods of payment yet, so im going to have to apply for something either way

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #164 of 9,235
Arrrhhh!! I can't believe all the days I've been watching Amazon and TODAY I missed the triplefi 10 deal!! :frowning2:

would any kind soul that perhaps bought more than one be willing to sell me an extra set for the Amazon price? I know it's a major shot in the dark but PM me...I've been wanting these so bad and I can't afford the list price..

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #165 of 9,235

Arrrhhh!! I can't believe all the days I've been watching Amazon and TODAY I missed the triplefi 10 deal!! :frowning2:

would any kind soul that perhaps bought more than one be willing to sell me an extra set for the Amazon price? I know it's a major shot in the dark but PM me...I've been wanting these so bad and I can't afford the list price..

Dude. I feel for you. Don't sweat it though. Half of them are destined for EBay. This will drop the eBay prices. You might find these on eBay for about $150 -$160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back