The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Jun 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #1,263 of 9,235
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's available in the UK from play.com for £99.99.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/9813923/Ultimate-Ears-TripleFi-10-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/Product.html?searchtype=ELEC&searchsource=0&searchstring=ultimate+ears&urlrefer=search&strefer=ELEC&searchfilters=s{ultimate+ears}%2bc{321}%2b

Very tempted.... Can anyone find a cheap inline mic and remote control cable?!

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #1,264 of 9,235
Not sure about the UK, but in the US you can buy the vi cable from UE for $20.

I wish Amazon was doing their $99 right now... Wanna get some remolds for my old ones and have an universal backup.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #1,265 of 9,235
I'm tempted by the TF10's too. Being mulling over getting some Shure SE315's and wondering whether it's worth going for these...

Looking for something with good isolation for flying, not sure how these stack up against the Shures, heard they're a bit hit and miss for isolation.

Sound-wise, anything that can take my, um, taste in music - 70s / 80s rock / metal, Radiohead and suchlike, plus some electronic stuff - Orb, Orbital, Daft Punk etc. Not too bass-y though, don't like crazy brain melting bass. :)

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #1,266 of 9,235
I love the Triple.fis for stuff like Daft Punk... I didn't use them on a plane (had ER4Ps for that) but the reason for me getting into "head-fi" was originally looking for good isolating earphones, and I got the Super.fis for a trip to Japan... If you can get a good seal, I have a problem with the earpiece sliding out every once and awhile, medium is too small and large is too large. They did the job, albeit you're still going to hear the engines, but people noises are pretty well taken care of.

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #1,267 of 9,235

Quote:
I love the Triple.fis for stuff like Daft Punk... I didn't use them on a plane (had ER4Ps for that) but the reason for me getting into "head-fi" was originally looking for good isolating earphones, and I got the Super.fis for a trip to Japan... If you can get a good seal, I have a problem with the earpiece sliding out every once and awhile, medium is too small and large is too large. They did the job, albeit you're still going to hear the engines, but people noises are pretty well taken care of.

Thanks!

I'll do a bit more digging around the forums about the TF 10's... At this price I'm thinking they're worth a punt.

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #1,268 of 9,235
Is anybody else having problems with the UE Centerstage promo codes? I got a 20% off code a couple of days ago but it's still saying "Invalid Promo Code" when I try to apply it to some UE 700s... I can't find a customer support email either since they only direct you to Logitech's support page for which you need serial #'s and PIDs. :|

//lol what gives, turns out the letters in the promo code aren't supposed to be capitalized. :wink:

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #1,272 of 9,235
sometimes i just want to post on slickdeals and tell everyone how bad they are... but it wouldnt matter.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #1,273 of 9,235
Dang, Aviators aren't part of it. That would have made it somewhat decent. They'd be $90, which isn't terrible. The SK Pro is though, which is apparently okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back