1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.

First

Back
227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247
Next

Last
  1. esanthosh
    I asked Dimitri about the Holiday special sale (what with their site still showing the old prices). This is his reply (highlighting and numbering alone mine)

Quote:

Though I don't need another IEM now, Tandem is a little tempting at that price :). e-Q5 is another good deal, but I already owned it before.

2. Staal

Quote:

Fairly sure Amazon had/has TF10 for £109 or so.

3. davidcotton
    Yup still there.  Torn asw to whether or not to get another set whilst mine are away being re re done.  Need a decent set for when i go back to work next week.

4. blupblup

Quote:

I was looking at those but they're a fairly old set now, right?
    I was really tempted but looked at the date and it said first released 2006.... so a 5 year old headphone.
    I know they're supposed to be good and I did look at them before, and I will probably regret not getting them

Have they done an updated version or is there any plans too?

Technology must have moved on right?

Are they worth getting?

Cheers

5. Staal
    Definitely worth getting at that price. Of course, they were a crazy steal at the 95$ Amazon US sale, but this is Europe, and we do not get that kind of deals. I'd say for a hundred quid that's a good deal. I'm having a set of TF10's reshelled at the moment actually, as I never got a proper fit from them. They are quite large though, you should be aware of that. Kinda give you that frankenstein look with screws in your head sticking out - but the sound is great, especially if you're into electronica as they really shine with vocals and bass. Mids are kinda recessed though.

You should be able to find loads of detailed reviews on here - I can't comment much as I haven't spend much time with them.

With regards to updating them, I wouldn't know. But if they do, they won't retail below 180 quid, so you're still getting a good deal with these.

6. djvkool

Quote:

5 years is such a short time in the world of IEM, some of Ety model have been around for longer than that, yet they still sound as good as ever, and as popular as ever

7. blupblup
    OK cool, thanks very much.
    I know the price is very, very good because I was looking at these before I purchased the JVC HA-FXT90's (Which I absolutely love) and I was willing to spend more on the TF 10's but from what I had read they didn't seem like what I was looking for.

However, you;re saying they're good for electronica?

That's what I listen to really... that and Hip-Hop, Reggae.. et al.

But yeah chilled stuff, Theivery Corporation, Kode9, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Up, Bustle & out... etc etc etc.

Would these be good do you think for that?

8. blupblup

Quote:

Really? OK fair enough.
    I was reading a few threads on the Denon C710's and people were referring to them as "old" and they're only 2 and a bit years old? Whereas the TF 10's are 6 years old?

It's all a little confusing LOL

9. eke2k6

Quote:

I'm not sure you'd love it. The midrange is recessed...a bit too recessed for me. I sold my pair a few days after I bought them. Male vocals and certain instruments will lack oomph, and the timbre won't match up to your FXT90. But I know curiosity is a strong force so I say buy them from amazon. If you like it keep it. If not, return it hassle free

10. Staal
    I actually tested the TF10s before I sent them for a reshell with Thievery Corporation - Until The Morning, and it was absoloutely magnificent. The vocals really shined and the bass was present in a forward yet not very overpowering way.

11. blupblup

Quote:

See that's what I was reading and that's why I purchased the FXT90's instead.
    Am considering the Vsonic GR07's too at the moment and after trawling reviews and threads here, I think they are more what I'm after as a nice compliment to the FXT90's.
    The TF 10's don't seem to be what I'm after.

I'm returning some Monster Turbine's currently (Impulse buy) because I was really unimpressed, the FXT90's blow them away in every single department, bass, clarity... high end... everything.

The only others I've seen people saying are similar and also a fantastic set and which really grow on you (which I've experienced with the JVCs) is the GR07's.

I think I will keep my eye out for a cheap(er) pair of those.

They're just over £100.

They may come down.

Thanks for the help

12. blupblup

Quote:

Oh really? Sounds good.

Hmmmm

See the IEM game is a tough one.... everyone hears things differently and while much of it can be objective, (good cable, cheap, comfortable etc) the vast majority is entirely subjective and you will only ever know if a set is good for you by sticking them in your ears.

*sigh*

Thanks though, food for though.

13. eke2k6

Quote:

The GR07 is a fantastic IEM. It has a more level-headed presentation than the energetic FXT90. Not to say that they're boring, quite the opposite. Go to my profile and look at the review I wrote about them. If it convinces you to get them, there's a member on here, Flysweep, who's selling his pair for $145 (93 pounds). It has over 1000 hours on it, so you'll be getting an amazing experience from the start

14. blupblup

Quote:

OK excellent, thanks very much.
    Will check out the review.

Cheers.

15. sulkoudai

Quote:

a new one can be had for 150AUD here in Australia with full warranty...

First

Back
227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247
Next

Last