The Audio Lounge
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #14,431 of 35,970
What! We got barriers too:scream: Now you went and did it:grin: I just want to know what you and Panda think of your pair of F3's:wink: OK yours too @Karendar :beerchug:

I don't want them... way too expensive and I would be very upset if a pair appeared! I already said I love the N3... underdog.

Speaking of expensive vs inexpensive...

Is this cable overkill for this IEM? I actually bought it for the Zenith but forgot I can't use formed ear guides with that... because of my Zenith being one of the original out of phase ones. Yes, I know we can open it and physically fix it but I don't want to take a chance. DIY here does not necessarily go smoothy ALL of the time.

Balanced KZ ZS3E... why not...

R0014566.JPG

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #14,432 of 35,970
I don't want them... way too expensive and I would be very upset if a pair appeared! I already said I love the N3... underdog.

Speaking of expensive vs inexpensive...

Is this cable overkill for this IEM? I actually bought it for the Zenith but forgot I can't use formed ear guides with that... because of my Zenith being one of the original out of phase ones. Yes, I know we can open it and physically fix it but I don't want to take a chance. DIY here does not necessarily go smoothy ALL of the time.

Balanced KZ ZS3E... why not...

:hushed: Maybe Hubby won't see that Fix-it comment MB!!! LOL In Pod's opinion; worth a nickle to some:rolling_eyes: If it 1st Sounds good, 2nd looks good 3rd to hell with everyone else its not overkill:wink:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #14,433 of 35,970
Having a nice time on the cape. Here's a view from this morning. Been warm but gearing up for a large storm later. Seas are very turbulent.
IMG_1544.jpg

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #14,434 of 35,970
I really like the Kanas Pro but it is very particular about tips and nozzle placement. Having a hard time with getting a good seal while walking. It's good while sitting. Sad that I didn't bring a good supply of tips with me. Like the bass extension and details. Using my R3 with stock cable for now...

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #14,435 of 35,970
No word on any movement from usps for my DMG. Last update is from Monday with nothing more. Love the pictures btw, not jealous, just anxious to get mine. I agree, the clear DM6 is sweet. That could be next buy...

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #14,436 of 35,970
Having a nice time on the cape. Here's a view from this morning. Been warm but gearing up for a large storm later. Seas are very turbulent.

Nice, I've not been to the Cape since 2008!

Boston Erik 007.jpg

Heck I'm the one that's Jelli, your out at the Cape:beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #14,437 of 35,970
I love that area. I'm on the other side down somewhat near Wood's Hole.

Apr 19, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #14,438 of 35,970
I really like the Kanas Pro but it is very particular about tips and nozzle placement. Having a hard time with getting a good seal while walking. It's good while sitting. Sad that I didn't bring a good supply of tips with me. Like the bass extension and details. Using my R3 with stock cable for now...
The only tips I could get to seal and place well were Spinfit CP100-M. Of course this is dependent on your ear size. The one thing I don't like about these tips is they sound a little out of sorts.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14,439 of 35,970
I'm using the exact same ones, gotta try some others for this. They work on other pieces I have so figured they'd work here...

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #14,440 of 35,970
My nicehck 16 core cable is great for 26$, no issues there. What annoyed me though is buying the nicehck F3 and learn it had no cable AFTER it shipped even though the site said it did, that Jim recommended an mmcx cable to then say "OH SORRY 2PIN" when I called him out... Just that was irritating experience wise.

During the recent sale, I ordered these two:
NiceHCK 16 core Silver Plated Copper 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX Black cable -
HTB1zGYoXODxK1Rjy1zcq6yGeXXax.jpg

NiceHCK 16 core High Purity Copper 3.5mm TRS to MMCX Brown cable -
HTB1OGDoXIfrK1Rjy0Fmq6xhEXXaE.jpg

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #14,441 of 35,970
During the recent sale, I ordered these two:
NiceHCK 16 core Silver Plated Copper 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX Black cable -

NiceHCK 16 core High Purity Copper 3.5mm TRS to MMCX Brown cable -

The brown one is the one I got too. Quite a good cable for the price.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #14,442 of 35,970
still not had enough eartime with mine as I have had to concentrate on the simgot review it's virtually finished just a little proof reading. Now done I can give them a proper listen, I also think they are pretty good In many ways, maybe a little warm and smooth for me and I'm still not certain on vocals but in all honesty this bit of info take with a pinch of salt at the minute as I have honestly only had about 5 sessions of no more than 20 min and a few a lot shorter... I do like the fullness to the sound on these though which is not my norm and layering and detail is excellent., not the best fitting iems just a little heavy and bulky shape

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #14,443 of 35,970
Morgan James - singing covers of Aerosmith and Joe Cocker songs.

These sound great, when listening to my new K's 600 (Donut Foam, over Rubber Ring), being driven by my iBasso PB2 (OPA1622 op-amps).

Aerosmith, "Dream On" (2016)

Joe Cocker, "Feelin' Alright" (2019)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #14,444 of 35,970
Got a feeling @jerick70 is selling his DX200Ti again, rare chance for someone to grab a rare beast and with a tube amp just around the corner, this will be an awesome combo at half the cost of the top daps out there but with a sound quality to match all of em. :smile_phones:
Wonder if he’ll change his mind again lol
I’m selling my regular 200, don’t think I can part with my Ti though as it’s the best portable I’ve heard !!!

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #14,445 of 35,970
Got a feeling @jerick70 is selling his DX200Ti again, rare chance for someone to grab a rare beast and with a tube amp just around the corner, this will be an awesome combo at half the cost of the top daps out there but with a sound quality to match all of em. :smile_phones:
Wonder if he’ll change his mind again lol
I’m selling my regular 200, don’t think I can part with my Ti though as it’s the best portable I’ve heard !!!
What better than your discman :astonished:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back