The Audio Lounge
Apr 15, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #14,237 of 36,011
Once you DM6, you'll know... :ksc75smile: Speaking of which, stock cable is flaking out on me already (Cheap piece of...). Nicehck 16 core cable is en route to my humble domicile. Nicehck F3 was shipped and is on the way...

Yep hopefully in the next few weeks I will order.. just getting my ears round the kanas and simgot im also waiting on some financial news and then more than likely I will order the dm6, I have no doubt there good as getting mostly great opinions here and everywhere and I always believe popular opinion is the best review.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #14,238 of 36,011
Yeah, the stock cable is not great. I'm glad I keep a few MMCX and 2 pin cables around just for such issues.

I have a bunch of 2 pin cables (Ares II, OKCSC, 16 core SPC, IMR cables, etc.) but this is my only MMCX IEM, as I previously sold all the others... So no spare cables. I'll have to stock up.

My Ares II cost me 30$ CAD to ship it back to Singapore to get it reterminated due to the left cable being flaky... Kinda sucks if you ask me. But I think once I get it back, if the Nicehck ends up really being 0.78mm 2 pin instead of what that nonsense post was about MMCX, I'll use the Ares II as my driver for those...

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #14,239 of 36,011
Yep hopefully in the next few weeks I will order.. just getting my ears round the kanas and simgot im also waiting on some financial news and then more than likely I will order the dm6, I have no doubt there good as getting mostly great opinions here and everywhere and I always believe popular opinion is the best review.

Who knows, maybe by then, there will be another massdrop for the DM6. :)

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #14,240 of 36,011
Who knows, maybe by then, there will be another massdrop for the DM6. :)
Maybe but I think I'm gonna order from penon simply because I want to customise the universal a bit, then if I like the signature I'm probably going to sell them and go custom .. I was originally going to just go custom because I have got quite small ears but if I don't like the signature then a total waste, if i buy universal first they may be ok fit anyway but if not and I Iike the signature I can just lose a bit of cash and buy them custom . Well that's the plan anyway... Still a few weeks away though as I think it's 3 to 5 weeks from penon plus I won't be ordering for at least another 2 weeks while I decide on the kanas and also the simgot ... Genuinely though I think the simgot build is the best I have seen on an iem definitely under 200 and probably way above too, absolutely lovely build including cable.

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #14,248 of 36,011
Apr 15, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #14,249 of 36,011
Music break

Apr 15, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #14,250 of 36,011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back