The Audio Lounge
Jul 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #106 of 35,965
My x5iii and A5 is a winning combo... But I agree stacking annoys me a bit. I was hoping for a hifi dac moto mod, but that hasn't come to fruition. Dissapointed. :frowning2:

I haven't heard x5lll so can't comment but the opus just is doing it for me... the fiio unit has streaming capability , blutooth etc it just depends on what you want...although the opus1 has optical out which I paired with the mojo which just bodies the sound a bit , mojo is fantastic as a dac/amp also though.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #107 of 35,965
Lol I loved my x5ll with e12a it was my companion for a long time ...then got my x7 which is better and no stacking...the opus1 is fantastic And going for a ridiculous price on massdrop...but don't take my word for it have a look at the opus1 thread and see what you think.
I would say the x7 is a bit more fuller sounding but the resolution and naturalness of the opus wins for me.
299 dollars on massdrop at the moment I think.

That's a good deal, I wish it had dual SD slots, that is the maximum capacity of the single SD slot?

EDIT: nvm, just saw it has two 200gb slots. Is it worth spending $300 over the X5ll + E12A?

My x5iii and A5 is a winning combo... But I agree stacking annoys me a bit. I was hoping for a hifi dac moto mod, but that hasn't come to fruition. Dissapointed. :frowning2:

I feel you, if I stick it in my rear jean pocket I look like J-Lo on one butt cheek, if I stick it in the front pocket I look like I'm ready for a sexual harassment charge, and if I put it in my coat pocket the whole thing shift to one side, it can get really annoying on the go, I usually end up holding it in m hand or laying it on the table of applicable

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #108 of 35,965
That's a good deal, I wish it had dual SD slots, that is the maximum capacity of the single SD slot?

I feel you, if I stick it in my rear jean pocket I look like J-Lo on one butt cheek, if I stick it in the front pocket I look like I'm ready for a sexual harassment charge, and if I put it in my coat pocket the whole thing shift to one side, it can get really annoying on the go, I usually end up holding it in m hand or laying it on the table of applicable

It does have dual slots, I have 2 x 200gb in mine.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #109 of 35,965
I should've cancelled my Hunters earlier on jumped aboard the Lyra2 Massdrop this summer, would've been easy to justify the metal Opus 1

But anyway, Lyra 2 are coming tomorrow, I feel like a 13yo girl at a Backstreet Boys concert

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #110 of 35,965
I should've cancelled my Hunters earlier on jumped aboard the Lyra2 Massdrop this summer, would've been easy to justify the metal Opus 1

But anyway, Lyra 2 are coming tomorrow, I feel like a 13yo girl at a Backstreet Boys concert

Difference being the Lyra 2 are definitely going to sound better than the bsckstreet boys concert lol.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #111 of 35,965

I felt that way the day before I got my Monolith M1060's. Hopefully you enjoy the Lyra 2 as much as I have my planars.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #114 of 35,965
I just can't stop playing them. I'm addicted.
i have a pair of philips fidelio l2s if you check out the reviews there highly rated , brooko has a review of them .....but since I started listening to planars I don't touch them anymore I am going to use them at work , they are sort of portable and easy to drive unlike my planars but the planars just do it for me.

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #116 of 35,965
i have a pair of philips fidelio l2s if you check out the reviews there highly rated , brooko has a review of them .....but since I started listening to planars I don't touch them anymore I am going to use them at work , they are sort of portable and easy to drive unlike my planars but the planars just do it for me.

I have the Fidelio X2's, and same thing, they just haven't seen much head time since the planars.

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #120 of 35,965
I felt that way the day before I got my Monolith M1060's. Hopefully you enjoy the Lyra 2 as much as I have my planars.

I've been looking at those, I don't need them daily that's what the Lyra 2 are for, but I want something absolutely breathtaking to listen to when I'm sitting on my roof rack on a peak watching the sun set or watching stars

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back