The Audio Lounge
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,112 of 35,988
So update on the M7 Pro......sorry @Miko 7, I might just have to keep these things :p. They do have kind of a small sound stage and I can't say they're the best for vocal mixes (without EQ), but they have good detail retrieval and are overall just deliciously dark IEMs. It's been a long time since I had a dark IEM in my stable because of the generally more mid-focused sound signatures I go for, but I swear, this sort of IEM is the exact kind that keeps making me miss the thumping basslines when using most of my other IEMs. I haven't had a dark IEM since the first Cypher Labs c6iem and these are probably 85% the sound quality for 1/3 of the price with a similarly dark-yet-warm sound signature. When MEE Audio says they're using the dynamic driver only for the bass frequencies, they really mean it. This thing can be like sticking a subwoofer next to your ear if you want it to be; the basshead deep inside is so happy, probably because it's feeling the vibrations from that dynamic driver :D.

I really liked Deltas sound signature for cycling, big mids good bass and non-invasive highs, but that bass port in freestream is killing me. I'm sure you'll grow tired of the M7's sooner or later, hopefully sooner :imp:

Yeah I only use 1/5 of money I make towards audio products.
Like maybe 500 - 1000 out of 5,250 I make a month. Rest goes to savings or main account.

Hmmm aluminum and SS ap200 seems good then!

That sound like my race car money pit that has become the largest part of my budget :rolling_eyes:

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #1,113 of 35,988
I really liked Deltas sound signature for cycling, big mids good bass and non-invasive highs, but that bass port in freestream is killing me. I'm sure you'll grow tired of the M7's sooner or later, hopefully sooner :imp:

That sound like my race car money pit that has become the largest part of my budget :rolling_eyes:
Ooooh you like muscle cars?

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #1,124 of 35,988
Hey folks,

I can't talk shop as I'm not a paying sponsor, so don't ask please.

Can't discuss my previous position or anything to do with those that can't be named as I am under a nda.

All I will say is that I've had to sell quite a few things to do what I'm doing now. What I will be doing I had been working on for 6 months. I had planned to leave much earlier but needed the income. All became too much and so walked in the end.

Also production is paid for by me and don't want to be involved in the pre paid pre order game or stupid lead times, that I've had enough of for a life time.

Anyway, that's all I can say and will be here to join in the banter.

Cheers
Bob

What a surreal surprise!!! Welcome back! We're all glad to get back the dude that was missing, especially in our new "shoot the sh!t" thread :stuck_out_tongue:

There are rumors out there that you use a modified Nokia 3210 for a source, others say they've seen you harmonically chant over a precision assembled pile of sticks that accepts a 3.5 jack, but what do you really use on a daily basis as a DAP?

Also, stupid engineering question. I had a few hearing tests done where you press the button for the test tones that you hear. What can I do with this data to match up the frequency response of and IEM better with my hearing? I'm assuming I can't do a short time fourier transform for the test tones because the testing didn't collect enough data, but if I graph the dB levels of each test tone how can I correlate them to the frequency response curve of an IEM? If you know on top of your head maybe or have some PDFs or academic journals you can send my way :upside_down:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back