The Audio Lounge
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #5,206 of 36,014
Sorry I have been a bit absent. Just so much happening at work. I am paying attention to what's going here. I am trying to restrain myself from purchases. 2 kids in college, house fixes and car issues have really taken its toll on audio purchases. Still trying to save for a pair of Andromedas....maybe summer?
I know how that feels for sure. I’m on the flip side to that, having got through it and two weeks away from hitting the order button for the Vega. Already have the Andromeda and love em, build quality and sound quality are exceptional. Hoping the Vega will be the perfect companion for the Andromeda.
Keep the faith, your gonna love the Andromeda :L3000:

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #5,207 of 36,014
Thanks, I had the Jupiter (just traded it for a pair of NightOwls) and had been looking forward to the Andromeda. I have the 64 Audio U8 and that has been seeing the most usage lately. I really like the way Ken has implemented the SQ in his line-up. Still rocking my Lyra v1.

Truth be told, there may be a time soon when I go through a purge and re-evaluate what I have, what I want and how to get there. I just hate parting with items that have given me so much enjoyment in the past and may regret losing them after I sell (I am an audio hoarder).

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #5,208 of 36,014
Thanks, I had the Jupiter (just traded it for a pair of NightOwls) and had been looking forward to the Andromeda. I have the 64 Audio U8 and that has been seeing the most usage lately. I really like the way Ken has implemented the SQ in his line-up. Still rocking my Lyra v1.

Truth be told, there may be a time soon when I go through a purge and re-evaluate what I have, what I want and how to get there. I just hate parting with items that have given me so much enjoyment in the past and may regret losing them after I sell (I am an audio hoarder).
Lol, I’m the same. There’s something about audio kit that makes it hard to part with. I get nervous if anyone goes near my stuff. Music can be a very moving, personal experience and the thought of loosing that....unbearable.
Thinking of ordering the Vega, have them delivered to a friend in the states and pick them up from him when he comes to the UK.
Avoiding the import fees, hoping that will work :ksc75smile: I don’t think I can wait until CanJam in July. :L3000:

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #5,209 of 36,014
Good luck with the Vega, heard many great things about it. Knowing the form, should be a pinnacle piece.

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #5,210 of 36,014
The Vega and Andro complement each other superbly well, without deviating too far from the CA "house sound" (musicality above all else). It was a hard call to give up my Andros a while back, but the Athena fills the same slot in my collection, so one had to go - just couldn't give up that addictive bass and sense of dynamics the Vega bring to the party. I run they will make an excellent pairing for whatever you have in your music library!

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #5,211 of 36,014
Lol, I’m the same. There’s something about audio kit that makes it hard to part with. I get nervous if anyone goes near my stuff. Music can be a very moving, personal experience and the thought of loosing that....unbearable.
Thinking of ordering the Vega, have them delivered to a friend in the states and pick them up from him when he comes to the UK.
Avoiding the import fees, hoping that will work :ksc75smile: I don’t think I can wait until CanJam in July. :L3000:

Dude, having the imr r1 for only 45 minutes in my ears and having owned the Vega for almost a year I would say this... Buy a b-stock (as I did) and wait until you can compare it at can jam. This is the Vega only a lot cheaper and with tuning options. I will do a review when I have had more time with them.

Take this with a grain of salt, YMMV and so on. As I said my time spent with it is limited for now.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #5,212 of 36,014
Dude, having the imr r1 for only 45 minutes in my ears and having owned the Vega for almost a year I would say this... Buy a b-stock (as I did) and wait until you can compare it at can jam. This is the Vega only a lot cheaper and with tuning options. I will do a review when I have had more time with them.

Take this with a grain of salt, YMMV and so on. As I said my time spent with it is limited for now.

I've owned both (R1 and Vega) for a few months now (liked the R1 review unit I heard so much I bought a pair when they finally hit production). I'd say the R1 get close to the Vega in a lot of categories, and are more flexible in terms of tuning, but just fall a little short of the Vega where it comes to that final level of detail and the sense of dynamics that the Vega is capable of portraying in the music. The R1 feels a little rounder and smoother than the Vega to me.

As always, this is just my opinion, so YMMV and all that. It depends on the source you'll be running them from (the Vega LOVE some power) and the other usual factors, too. One thing - the R1 are a class act, and definitely swim in the same sort of pond as the Vega.

Guess like all sort of purchases in these "TOTL" price brackets, it comes down to how much you are willing to pay for those perceived extra few percentage points of performance, as this is firmly into the diminishing returns landscape given the level of performance both IEMs are capable of.

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #5,213 of 36,014
Thanks for the advice fellas, think Ive already made up my mind with the Vega.
If I order them in a couple of weeks and have them delivered to my friend in the states for him to bring over for me, it will be like a b stock price because of the saving on the duty. IMR, new company, as good as it looks , not sure if I want to go there again and I’m not a big fan of having filters. Just want to plug & play :smile_phones:

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #5,214 of 36,014
I've owned both (R1 and Vega) for a few months now (liked the R1 review unit I heard so much I bought a pair when they finally hit production). I'd say the R1 get close to the Vega in a lot of categories, and are more flexible in terms of tuning, but just fall a little short of the Vega where it comes to that final level of detail and the sense of dynamics that the Vega is capable of portraying in the music. The R1 feels a little rounder and smoother than the Vega to me.

As always, this is just my opinion, so YMMV and all that. It depends on the source you'll be running them from (the Vega LOVE some power) and the other usual factors, too. One thing - the R1 are a class act, and definitely swim in the same sort of pond as the Vega.

Guess like all sort of purchases in these "TOTL" price brackets, it comes down to how much you are willing to pay for those perceived extra few percentage points of performance, as this is firmly into the diminishing returns landscape given the level of performance both IEMs are capable of.

Agreed. For now :beerchug:

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #5,215 of 36,014
Thanks for the advice fellas, think Ive already made up my mind with the Vega.
If I order them in a couple of weeks and have them delivered to my friend in the states for him to bring over for me, it will be like a b stock price because of the saving on the duty. IMR, new company, as good as it looks , not sure if I want to go there again and I’m not a big fan of having filters. Just want to plug & play :smile_phones:
Kinda right there with you. Good novelty, but all my filtered options tend to leave me finding the filter I like most and then leaving it on til the end of time. Too fiddly to take it off and put on another set, just wanna plug and go. That's sort of my argument why lately, I've been even skipping sound quality almost altogether (GASP!!) and listening to the Bragi Headphone. Now I don't even have to plug! Push a button to turn them on and they autopair to my iPod. Press the button again and my music's playing. iPod doesn't even have to leave my pocket! If I could get something with the same sound quality and signature as the MEEAudio P2 with the battery life and ergonomics of the Bragi Headphone, I could almost think about selling off everything else with maybe some choice exceptions.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #5,216 of 36,014
I'm back to full size headphones today after constantly putting in and taking out iems yesterday till my inner ears were rather tender. I'm enjoying the wider sound stage though :)

Jan 20, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #5,217 of 36,014
Kinda right there with you. Good novelty, but all my filtered options tend to leave me finding the filter I like most and then leaving it on til the end of time. Too fiddly to take it off and put on another set, just wanna plug and go. That's sort of my argument why lately, I've been even skipping sound quality almost altogether (GASP!!) and listening to the Bragi Headphone. Now I don't even have to plug! Push a button to turn them on and they autopair to my iPod. Press the button again and my music's playing. iPod doesn't even have to leave my pocket! If I could get something with the same sound quality and signature as the MEEAudio P2 with the battery life and ergonomics of the Bragi Headphone, I could almost think about selling off everything else with maybe some choice exceptions.
That’s exactly it, you choose the filter you like and you might as well bin the rest!!
I would rather the resources be put into improving the sound/build quality. This is what I like about the CA lineup, they come in a small basic cardboard box, nice cable, nice case and exceptional iem. Like they say
“Nicely Done” with this package, you can’t help but think every penny that has been spent is to give you the highest quality product possible at that price range. To me, build quality is just as important as sound quality and can tell you a lot about the person responsible for the design.
Poor quality = a poor attitude to customers.
But that’s just me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #5,218 of 36,014
See, I like the tuning option even though I also find the one filter that works for me and then leave it. If an IEM I get has the tuning filters I can make that sound like I want it and then forget about the rest. However, if an IEM I get doesn't have the tuning option, then it's a love it or hate it situation. If I love it, great. If I don't, then I have to sell it and try more IEMs or just live with an IEM I don't like. I think the idea of changing filters all the time is highly unlikely, but I have no issues with changing filters until I get the sound exactly as I like.

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #5,219 of 36,014
See, I like the tuning option even though I also find the one filter that works for me and then leave it. If an IEM I get has the tuning filters I can make that sound like I want it and then forget about the rest. However, if an IEM I get doesn't have the tuning option, then it's a love it or hate it situation. If I love it, great. If I don't, then I have to sell it and try more IEMs or just live with an IEM I don't like. I think the idea of changing filters all the time is highly unlikely, but I have no issues with changing filters until I get the sound exactly as I like.
That’s a good point, I guess it’s great to have the choice, we’d get pretty board without all these weird and wonderful toys to choose from.

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #5,220 of 36,014
See, I actually kinda like that model; if I don't like it, I'll sell it and buy something else. One could argue that it's just a really long way about getting to what you're looking for, but at the same time, you get that much more experience with more products. Like some say, it's about the journey, not the destination. Except I'd say that the destination's important too, but don't be so focused on it that you miss the journey :wink:

I guess for you, there's the argument that you won't need to buy so many products to find what you want, but then you get the itch and you buy more new stuff anyway! You're sticking to your new year resolution pretty well so far though; almost 3 weeks and counting! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back