The Audio Lounge
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #4,156 of 36,014
I love my Lyra v1. I added a better cable and it is a sweet sound. Warm but with enough details that they truly sing. This is one piece that I would not sell...

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #4,157 of 36,014
8064382.jpg

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #4,159 of 36,014
give me a couple of days

Keep me posted please. They are releasing it on october 20th in Canuck land, which is the day I'm coming back from my vacation. Depending on if this doubles as a decent dap (comparable to say a Fiio x3 or x5) then I'm probably jumping onboard. If I sell my Fiio x5 and subsidise it, I'll end up getting it for 0$ :p

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #4,160 of 36,014
Never heard the Lyra I. Can you give some details about them

Warm but also v shaped. Enough sparkle up top to counteract the bass. Not probably a signature I would gravitate to - but I really enjoy them.

lyra1 vs lyra2.png

Click for full sized. The 7 kHz spike is masked a bit by the bass.

And just so people notice - that isn't the left and right channel matching. That is the Lyra 2 against the Lyra 1 on the same rig. Now go find the Lyra 2 reviews which talk about a sonic improvement over the original ........

And you can use 1 and 2 together (one in each ear) - perfect stereo image :wink:

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #4,161 of 36,014
Warm but also v shaped. Enough sparkle up top to counteract the bass. Not probably a signature I would gravitate to - but I really enjoy them.

And just so people notice - that isn't the left and right channel matching. That is the Lyra 2 against the Lyra 1 on the same rig. Now go find the Lyra 2 reviews which talk about a sonic improvement over the original ........

And you can use 1 and 2 together (one in each ear) - perfect stereo image :wink:
That is hilarious hahaha! Lyra series are highly underrated. Vega steals all of spotlight.

Well I just lost $11.00 I realized recycled shanling m3s packaging.

Did not expect this recall. :c i had to pay to ship it but I guess shanling had to do what they had to.

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #4,162 of 36,014

I just prefer the matte finish to the gloss finish of Lyra 1. But cool to see the measurements between the two :D

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #4,163 of 36,014
I just prefer the matte finish to the gloss finish of Lyra 1. But cool to see the measurements between the two :D
A little rich for my blood. It's really funny about the measurements though - I was just reading a review about how much better mk11 is. :D

Oct 13, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #4,164 of 36,014
It's really funny about the measurements though - I was just reading a review about how much better mk11 is. :D

And its one of the biggest problems with reviewers who are completely subjective. If there is expectation bias at play, you will use that information regardless if it is correct or not. Heck when I was testing the two side by side - before I measured - even I thought there might have been very small differences. It wasn't until I put one earpiece in one ear (Lyra 1), and the 2nd in the other (Lyra 2), that I realised that any differences I initially thought I was hearing was simply expectation. I then measured them, and the measurements confirmed what I was hearing.

IMO a good reviewer will use both - subjective to describe how they appear to them, and objective measurements to check accuracy of what they are actually describing subjectively.

Oct 13, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #4,165 of 36,014
That is hilarious hahaha! Lyra series are highly underrated. Vega steals all of spotlight.

Did not expect this recall. :c i had to pay to ship it but I guess shanling had to do what they had to.
Bummer you lost money on the deal. If owned it and liked it, I would have kept the dap. Just
because they screwed up doesn't make it your problem.

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #4,166 of 36,014
And its one of the biggest problems with reviewers who are completely subjective. If there is expectation bias at play, you will use that information regardless if it is correct or not. Heck when I was testing the two side by side - before I measured - even I thought there might have been very small differences. It wasn't until I put one earpiece in one ear (Lyra 1), and the 2nd in the other (Lyra 2), that I realised that any differences I initially thought I was hearing was simply expectation. I then measured them, and the measurements confirmed what I was hearing.

IMI a good reviewer will use both - subjective to describe how they appear to them, and objective measurements to check accuracy of what they are actually describing subjectively.
Screenshot_326.png
Someone stop me before it's too late!!! *slaps hand

@barondla
dammit, I should've thought more closely. Damn too late now :c

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #4,167 of 36,014

Someone stop me before it's too late!!! *slaps hand

@barondla
dammit, I should've thought more closely. Damn too late now :c
Sony wanted everyone to return that infrared nightshot camcorder that could see thru certain clothes. Also the 3 Playtation PS3 models that allowed SACD and movies to be ripped. Most consumer turned down those requests. Some of Sony's most useful products have been their screw ups. :)

Those Campfire IEMs look nice, but you can do better. Look at these full size headphones with detachable speakers! You so need these. Your magic flower pot needs these. http://www.brookstone.com/pd/limite...ess-bluetooth-cat-ear-headphones/320538p.html

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #4,168 of 36,014

if the lyra sounds like the vega, then i'm not gonna even try them. To me the vega sounded really weird, biig bass and thin everywhere else. Not audiophile, not basshead, not worth the price to me.

The perfect iem would be the sony ex1000 without the 4k and 7k spike. which i have but only bring out when i really feel like it.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #4,169 of 36,014
if the lyra sounds like the vega, then i'm not gonna even try them. To me the vega sounded really weird, biig bass and thin everywhere else. Not audiophile, not basshead, not worth the price to me.

The perfect iem would be the sony ex1000 without the 4k and 7k spike. which i have but only bring out when i really feel like it.
Lyra II does not have the full on rumble power bass that Vega has. It's not a total roller coaster like Viper.

Lyra II does emphasize the bass if that is something you don't want. Definitely maybe something like sony ex1000 you might be better off with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back