The Audio Lounge
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #3,391 of 35,965
I just did it. I just UNsubscribed to all of the Trinity threads. Even the happy shiny unicorns one.
And I was wrong. There were FIVE Trinity threads going that I was subscribed to.

I feel better. :)
Congrats!! Welcome to stress free land.
I had to unsubcribe too. I came back to check recently and same situation.
We're glad to save some off the sinking ship.

@Podster nice turntable O.O

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #3,392 of 35,965
Congrats!! Welcome to stress free land.
I had to unsubcribe too. I came back to check recently and same situation.
We're glad to save some off the sinking ship.

@Podster nice turntable O.O

I'm sticking around until I receive my PM6 and SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER. :p

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #3,393 of 35,965
THX @JaeYoon I too finally pulled out and gave up in all Trinity threads, still have the Icarus ! outstanding and sent Trinity an email 2 days ago asking status and guess what...............no reply but they are fixing these problems per the email I saw from that Rantng guy:rolling_eyes:

Sweet breakdown on the DAC scenario @Howlin Fester :thumbsup:

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,394 of 35,965
O: pew
anigif_enhanced-7298-1411034983-32.gif

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #3,395 of 35,965
I just love space girl outfits:yum:

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,396 of 35,965
LOL!!! I used to have a friend who said something very close to that. Something like....
Me: How you doing, Mike?
Mike: I'm great. You know; Sitting around counting my money; Smashing diamonds with a hammer.

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #3,397 of 35,965
LOL!!! I used to have a friend who said something very close to that. Something like....
Me: How you doing, Mike?
Mike: I'm great. You know; Sitting around counting my money; Smashing diamonds with a hammer.

That sounds expensive and dangerous... I'm IN.

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #3,401 of 35,965
Line out - Yes. Line out is when you want to take a signal from your DAP that doesn't pass through the amplifier of the player. For example, ipod. If you want sound from an ipod, you can connect the 3.5mm cable to an amp, but this is using the ipod's DAC and AMP. If you use the 30 pin line out (I'm old school - No lightning connectors here) then you can get the sound directly off of the DAC and output "line-level" to an amp. Line level volume is usually not variable and is what is needed for an input to any amp, receiver, etc.

Line out differs from USB out in this way. Line out is an analog signal that is set to a level volume that the amp is looking for. USB Out is supposed to be a digital bit perfect output that will need to go through a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) for decoding.

(Personal opinion here) I used to listen to my iBasso DX50 with Line out signal into my RSA Intruder AMP. When I got the N3, I connected the USB out of the N3 into the DAC input of the RSA Intruder. It is my opinion that I heard better sound and wider soundstage by using the RSA DAC rather than using the DX50 to decode. That is why I bought the N3 immediately upon hearing the demo unit. Because to me, the soundstage and presentation of the USB out was better than the DX50 Line Out.. (Personal opinion over.)

Folder Play - Yes. You copy songs and folders over to the micro SD card like in a computer. The N3 and M2s can scan your micro SD card and add the files to a library. Then you can use the "Artist" category to search for your music, or "album" category, "genre" etc. Since I just copy over artists and their albums, I just select the music from the directory structure. = Folder Play.

Dual DAC - Theoretically supposed to be better with one DAC for each side of the stereo presentation. But I have not yet owned a dual DAC player. So not going to comment on better or not. I'll let someone who experienced the DX90 or another dual dac player jump in here.
I got confused about these two lines because the wording seems to directly contradict each other. If line-out is analog and USB is digital, then how is 30-pin a line-out? It's essentially a weird-looking USB interface, which as you explained (and I agree) is a digital interface.

EDIT: did a quick Google/wikipedia search and it yielded that while the 30-pin is a digital interface, it did have line-level audio output. I dunno exactly know in what way though technologically. Because the Lightning connector does do the same thing, but it's specified that there's a DAC built into the adapter. Info on the how the 30-pin works is sparse to say the least, in my 5 seconds of Googling :p, so I dunno if having a built-in DAC was also the case with the 30-pin out.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #3,403 of 35,965

Guys let me ask you this. Anyone here have products made in china by a chinese company that can be good?

Shanling? Cayin? LZ earphones. Lets make a huge list. Fiio x7ii has a good rep so far.
The first thing which I can think of is iPhone.
Even other phones like vivo and almost all the phones are made in China. :grimacing:
I know it's not an audio product, but still it is still assembled in China.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back