The Audio Lounge
Jun 19, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #17,733 of 35,690
Sorry to hear that majo. I hope your little chi gets better soon....

I know your pain. Our youngest boxer continually has ear infections from allergies. His ears smell so bad it about knocks you out. Fortunately we know one of the local vets here personally so we just call him and get a prescription for the drops no need for a visit to the vet.

Exactly why mine keeps getting them..... Allergic scratching ears, but hey she means the world to me and couldnt care less about the N6ii compared
Thing is it was a bit of a decision as the Hiby R6 Pro was very cheap and got a great deal, I was worried it would sell then next week if more vet trips I wouldn't have enough for the N6ii then I wouldn't have had a dap for a while, this way I still got a dap and I can still get the N6ii in a few weeks even if more trips to the vets, it just made sense really.
So Hiby R6 Pro tomorrow! Looking forward to it :)

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #17,734 of 35,690
Exactly why mine keeps getting them..... Allergic scratching ears, but hey she means the world to me and couldnt care less about the N6ii compared
Thing is it was a bit of a decision as the Hiby R6 Pro was very cheap and got a great deal, I was worried it would sell then next week if more vet trips I wouldn't have enough for the N6ii then I wouldn't have had a dap for a while, this way I still got a dap and I can still get the N6ii in a few weeks even if more trips to the vets, it just made sense really.
So Hiby R6 Pro tomorrow! Looking forward to it :)
I'm with you on taking care of your chi first. For us dog lovers, our dogs are family.

You will have to let us know how the R6 fairs. I don't think any of us have heard it.

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #17,736 of 35,690
WOW - Welcome

Father John Misty covers Ryan Adams’ cover of Taylor Swift’s “Welcome To New York” in the style of Velvet Underground :) Love it!

I love all the covers done by 2 Cellos ...always worth listening to ... and watching... so amazing

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #17,737 of 35,690
well I will know tomorrow and always my honest opinion lol let's see if I can keep it more than a week :smiling_imp:
LOL.... I'm not much of a help to you on keeping things more than a week.. I keep buying stuff that you want. I guess I could pass on my curse of not being able to sell anything. I still have my DX200Ti and DX220 when everyone else has sold theirs.

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #17,738 of 35,690
LOL.... I'm not much of a help to you on keeping things more than a week.. I keep buying stuff that you want. I guess I could pass on my curse of not being able to sell anything. I still have my DX200Ti and DX220 when everyone else has sold theirs.

Take this with a pinch of salt but the way i see it with selling on gear is firstly how much is it worth to the potential buyer? And secondly how much is it worth sat in a cupboard? I took some hits no doubt but I can't take it with me and also it still means that I end up with new better gear out of it even if the hits were bigger, something is better than nothing after all... My 2 cents but as I said pinch of salt.... Oh and unless the R6 Pro really rocks my world the N6ii is still on its way just deviated a little lol

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #17,739 of 35,690
well I will know tomorrow and always my honest opinion lol let's see if I can keep it more than a week :smiling_imp:
I reckon a week at the most but that includes the time taken for you to sell it again.

I would put down a bet with you but I reckon that you have lost enough money recently on all of your purchases that did not turn out quite to plan. :smile_phones:

I got the £132 Ikko OH1 in-ear monitor about 10 days ago and I am struggling to hear what is special about it. In fact I reckon that the £46 KZ ZS10 Pro is better than it and more comfortable!

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #17,740 of 35,690
I reckon a week at the most but that includes the time taken for you to sell it again.

I would put down a bet with you but I reckon that you have lost enough money recently on all of your purchases that did not turn out quite to plan. :smile_phones:

I got the £132 Ikko OH1 in-ear monitor about 10 days ago and I am struggling to hear what is special about it. In fact I reckon that the £46 KZ ZS10 Pro is better than it and more comfortable!
Lmao straight to the point I like it.. Me and you aren't related are we???.. I reckon a bit longer possibly until I know chi is OK and N6ii on the way

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #17,743 of 35,690

It's a funny thing about how music has the power to anchor itself in one's subconscious, attached to specific moments and memories.
I mentally play Deacon Blue's 'Love and Regret' when I recall the first time I was dumped, I remember the feeling of awe and atmosphere as I listened to Grant Lee Buffalo's 'Fuzzy' album for the first time, in a room with candles and a big window open to the stars, in the house I lived in after leaving home, every time I think back to that time and place.

And, bizarrely, I can never hear Mr. Mister's song 'Kyrie' without remembering the quartet of YA sci-fi books 'The Last Legionnaire' by Douglas Hill.
Must have been on the radio a lot when I was reading them or something :)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #17,744 of 35,690

Don't slap me, but I've never heard Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
I'd always imagined them as sounding something like Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (who I like).
I got quite a surprise when I listened to that. A good one though :D

Jun 19, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #17,745 of 35,690
WOW:
As yet, I can't think of any songs with 'Welcome'. Except for 'Welcome to the Jungle', which was already taken.
So here's an excellent Fountains of Wayne album, 'Welcome Interstate Managers':

It starts with the rocking 'Mexican Wine', but I highly recommend the gentle 'Fire Island'.
And 'Valley Winter Song'. And 'Hackensack'. And 'Hey Julie'.
And 'All kinds of time'.
Ok, I'm done :p
What can I say, I think they really don't receive the credit they should :)
All their albums have tracks I don't like, but always 4 - 8 that I really love.
That's a pretty decent track record, I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back