The Audio Lounge
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #17,371 of 36,014
go to one of the links above... to Slaters posts about the cables... he keeps the info in his signature... it is a long story that goes back for years

It should be a sticky in the posting guidelines because people are often unaware and then get a temporary or permanent ban for mentioning stuff.
Agreed, they even delete posts in the HeadFi Facebook group

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #17,372 of 36,014
Received my cable from Lunashops. Sounds excellent with my S8F. It's 99.9% silver and I thought it would be really sibilant but it's so smooth and clear. It's a super nice cable too, it has a modular cable system that has 4 tips.... 2.5 mm TRRS, 3.5 mm TRS, 3.5 mm TRRS, 4.4 mm TRRRS.

IMG_20190612_193822.jpg IMG_20190612_193747.jpg IMG_20190612_193702.jpgIMG_20190612_193829.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #17,373 of 36,014
Received my cable from Lunashops. Sounds excellent with my S8F. It's 99.9% silver and I thought it would be really sibilant but it's so smooth and clear. It's a super nice cable too, it has a modular cable system that has 4 tips.... 2.5 mm TRRS, 3.5 mm TRS, 3.5 mm TRRS, 4.4 mm TRRRS.

That's a nice looking cable.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #17,374 of 36,014
That's a nice looking cable.
It's very nice. It was a huge surprise. I'm thinking I like it better than my GU cables. It is so fluid and soft when you move it around with no micro-phonics. And it smooths the S8Fs out so nicely. Not what I was expecting at all. *****FACILITATOR BLURB COMING****** It would work stellar with your S4s.....

FYI, the build quality and sound is much better than my Norne silver cable.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #17,375 of 36,014
Ok, I let my Fearless S4 burn in over 30+ hours using the JLab burn in file on repeat and the game has changed entirely. The highs smoothed out so much and the low end seems to be hitting harder than before. Then I added a copper cable and I fell in love. It improved the highs and the stage and for the first time I felt they bested the DM6. I'm going off of memory, but they are close to what I remember the DM7 sounding like.

All the above is great, but the sad news is that I'm probably still going to end up selling these beautiful IEMs after DHL gets my replacement DM7's back to me.... The S4 hurt my ear canals after only an hour of wearing them. I've tried New Bees, JVC Spiral Dots, Symbio Peels, and some blue KZ-a-like tips and nothing helps. I just don't think they are right for my ear canal and concha. The BGVP DM6/7 just fit me so much better. I can wear them for hours on end and have no issues.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #17,376 of 36,014
Ok, I let my Fearless S4 burn in over 30+ hours using the JLab burn in file on repeat and the game has changed entirely. The highs smoothed out so much and the low end seems to be hitting harder than before. Then I added a copper cable and I fell in love. It improved the highs and the stage and for the first time I felt they bested the DM6. I'm going off of memory, but they are close to what I remember the DM7 sounding like.

All the above is great, but the sad news is that I'm probably still going to end up selling these beautiful IEMs after DHL gets my replacement DM7's back to me.... The S4 hurt my ear canals after only an hour of wearing them. I've tried New Bees, JVC Spiral Dots, Symbio Peels, and some blue KZ-a-like tips and nothing helps. I just don't think they are right for my ear canal and concha. The BGVP DM6/7 just fit so me so much better. I can wear them for hours on end and have no issues.
I have HUGE EARs so I have no problem with the S8s. I've gone to the Symbio W ear tips and love these with the S8s.

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #17,377 of 36,014
I have HUGE EARs so I have no problem with the S8s. I've gone to the Symbio W ear tips and love these with the S8s.

It's not that the S4 is bigger than the BGVP, it's just not shaped right for me I think. I'm going to give a few more tips a try, maybe even go to some medium sized tips to possibly relieve the pressure on my bottom section of my ear canals. I'm hoping to find some comfortable combo as I hate the idea of selling them now.

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #17,378 of 36,014

All the above is great, but the sad news is that I'm probably still going to end up selling these beautiful IEMs after DHL gets my replacement DM7's back to me.... The S4 hurt my ear canals after only an hour of wearing them. I've tried New Bees, JVC Spiral Dots, Symbio Peels, and some blue KZ-a-like tips and nothing helps. I just don't think they are right for my ear canal and concha. The BGVP DM6/7 just fit me so much better. I can wear them for hours on end and have no issues.

Just read your post my friend, and even though the rui are fantastic i think I'm possibly not definitely having the same problem and was going to sit and work it out tonight.... Think the shells themselves fit fantastic but became I also have a narrow ear canal and long nozzle it maybe making my earache a little.. Gonna see what gives, il be gutted though because these are great sounding and the nicest built iems I have ever owned

My small ears strikes again.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #17,379 of 36,014
Just read your post my friend, and even though the rui are fantastic i think I'm possibly not definitely having the same problem and was going to sit and work it out tonight.... Think the shells themselves fit fantastic but became I also have a narrow ear canal and long nozzle it maybe making my earache a little.. Gonna see what gives, il be gutted though because these are great sounding and the nicest built iems I have ever owned

My small ears strikes again.

That's a shame Majo, I know you really like the sound of the Rui. It's funny, you have small ears and I don't and we both are having fit issues with Fearless. After looking at my S4 compared to my DM6, I believe the issue is the base of the nozzle on the S4 (pic below). The nozzle on the Fearless gets real chunky in the area I marked on the pic, and that area is what is pressing on my ear canal. The DM6 nozzle stays thinner until it gets closer to the body of the IEM and that is much more comfortable to me. Well, at least this is my take on it.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #17,380 of 36,014
That's a shame Majo, I know you really like the sound of the Rui. It's funny, you have small ears and I don't and we both are having fit issues with Fearless. After looking at my S4 compared to my DM6, I believe the issue is the base of the nozzle on the S4 (pic below). The nozzle on the Fearless gets real chunky in the area I marked on the pic, and that area is what is pressing on my ear canal. The DM6 nozzle stays thinner until it gets closer to the body of the IEM and that is much more comfortable to me. Well, at least this is my take on it.

Possibly the same as this is where my ear is aching after use, I thought it was just fatigue... I think it's narrow ear canals the shell fits fantastic, I will try them tonight and tomorrow see what gives but if they are giving me ear ache they will go, I have very small ears and canal though so I honestly can't blame the iem in my case, I still think it's fantastic from build to sound... It might be a lesson learnt for me though as I think im only going to try before I buy at canjam from now on, my little ears have always struggled.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #17,382 of 36,014
I had a really nice portable tube amp back in the day (ALO Conti v3, I think) and sold it off. I am looking for something similar and cannot find anything in the mid-tier price range. Found a couple on amazon but they seem sort of cheap. Any suggestions? Anyone have something that gives them that warm tube sound from a portable? Just kicking around ideas...

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #17,383 of 36,014
Updating the fw of my R3 to 3.2 and now BT is unusable...
Downgrading the fw again ends in a boot loop, after turning on BT.
Sometimes...
Why the hell the implement things like ebook and stepcounter, things no one rly need in a dap. :angry:
/rant

I had a really nice portable tube amp back in the day (ALO Conti v3, I think) and sold it off. I am looking for something similar and cannot find anything in the mid-tier price range. Found a couple on amazon but they seem sort of cheap. Any suggestions? Anyone have something that gives them that warm tube sound from a portable? Just kicking around ideas...

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Bear-...tle+bear+b4-x&qid=1560427368&s=gateway&sr=8-1

@DBaldock9 & @jerick70 use this one, iirc

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #17,384 of 36,014
Updating the fw of my R3 to 3.2 and now BT is unusable...
Downgrading the fw again ends in a boot loop, after turning on BT.
Sometimes...
Why the hell the implement things like ebook and stepcounter, things no one rly need in a dap. :angry:
/rant

I'm updated on my R3 and BT is fine, weird. Can you factory reset? Also, I completely agree, who the hell needs ebooks and a step counter on their DAP? Lol.

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #17,385 of 36,014
Yep, that was the one I was looking at. The B4-X has a balanced output. Not sure how well that will work from a SE input...I remember @KEV G talking about the ALO Dual Mono but that's out of my price range. I love ALO's stuff. Have also been considering the Rx as well as Headamp's Pico Power (which I had).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back