The Audio Lounge
Aug 17, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #1,516 of 36,011
Apart from the code quoted, my username of the website is that the price is the price - it's just the item that is on pre-order. If that's the case, prior can still climb onboard after a free impressions go up online a few months down the track.

In vaguely related news, spending some time with the Periodic Be over the next few weeks. Initial thoughts: Beryllium drivers rock.

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #1,518 of 36,011
I do like the look of those IMR R1s, but even with the generous discount they're a little pricey for me. Out of curiosity though, has anyone ever used open backed IEMs before? What is the sound ingress from the environment like? I ask because people in my office take the piss that I can't hear them whilst wearing my IEMs, it would seem to me that it would be easier to hear people calling my name if they were open backed?

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,519 of 36,011
I'm sorry for continuing babbling about IMR, but can not help.. Is IMR owned by @JustBobski ? The name of the company maybe suggests so (assuming Bob=Robert).

Correct its just mine.

Anyway heading back to topic ish, I need a new dap and want android screen or similar, is there anything in the around £300 price range that anyone can recommend? Preferably one that doesn't colour the sound too much.

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,522 of 36,011
Correct its just mine.

Anyway heading back to topic ish, I need a new dap and want android screen or similar, is there anything in the around £300 price range that anyone can recommend? Preferably one that doesn't colour the sound too much.

Opus1 300 dollars ish from musictek usa.
Threads quite popular...but no Bluetooth, wifi.

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #1,523 of 36,011
is there anything in the around £300 price range that anyone can recommend?
Does it need to have a 3.5mm balanced output? :ksc75smile::deadhorse: I'm teasing... :wink:
But no-one can work out why we got a 3.5mm cable..
However, joking aside, enjoying my IcarusIII quite a lot, spent my off day doing nothing but filter rolling :L3000: my wife will not be amused at the lack of progress on the house repairs.. but I've chosen my favourite filters. Priorities. :k701smile:

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,524 of 36,011
Is anybody here well versed with SD cards? One of my cards locked itself, I can't format it, repair it, delete or add music off of it.

Windows repair tool can't fix it, I tried the SD card formatting program which didn't work either. I even used DOS or CMD or whatever it's called these days and after I clean the drive it won't let me partition it, the card is a 128GB Samsung EVO+ micro SD
Looks like you've tried most everything. Bummer. Have you tried CHKDSK ?

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,525 of 36,011
Correct its just mine.

The obvious suggestion is the Fiio X5iii - I liked it, but it gets some mixed reviews. If you search "amp3 clearance" on eBay you can usually find them for about £330.

As for others, not heard it myself, but read some decent reports on the Pioneer XDP-100R

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018VONFEE/ref=psdcmw_573372_t1_B01I50QDZW

Their newer and smaller model is also getting some good press, if Android isn't a necessity:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk...oneer_XDP-30R_Digital_Audio_Player.15095.html

If you can forgo a touch screen or Android, you might want to check out the Shanling M2S or Aune M1S as well - the Aune is a 90's styled brick, but sounds fantastic and definitely punching out of its price bracket, and the M2S is a great sounding player with Bluetooth, but no WiFi. It's also got a 4 ohm output impedance, but still send to play nicely with most of my sensitive IEM collection.

Let us know what you end up with!

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #1,527 of 36,011
I don't know for sure but I have Fiio X5III and recently got the Sony NW-A35 and I find I'm using it more and more, super stable software, has an amazing battery and is much cheaper

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,528 of 36,011
got the Sony NW-A35 and I find I'm using it more and more, super stable software, has an amazing battery
Super impressed with it. 38 hours on the last charge, at 68-70/120 volume (pretty loud) and the sound is totally neutral to my ears. Very stable, slick, and so far it's bug free. Bluetooth works great, just a very competent device that doesn't cost a fortune.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,529 of 36,011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back