The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 5, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #3,466 of 18,652
been 2 to 3 months never been following any posts nor any websites on any new products. Just very shortly after I realised this piece of gem, I ordered it under 5th batch shipping right away! For the price, I don't think it will go wrong comparing the specs matching other high resolution players which are much more expensive in the market. 

I'm just wondering, does anyone been using this DX50 purely as a line out player? This player should sound quite identical with the iRiver AK100 or even the AK120 when using line out right (I assume so due to the same DAC)? I have this little gem Meier Audio Quickstep, my main intention is pairing the DX50 with the Quickstep. I'm so glad with this iBasso's new creation, it is small, it has one of the best DAC in the market and it has line out, and with a real affordable price to match with! But it has been very hard for the moment to find anyone sharing experience on the player with external amps.

I don't strictly use it in a LO configuration but is one of the configurations I was seeking.
I tried it with a few amps and it pairs nicely. The specs of the QuickStep is impressive and seem well built with quality components, it sounds like a perfect match with the DX50 line out. As for the DX50 output sound signature, it's along the line of a single dac implementation. From what I read the ak120 is a dual dac and the sound signature is different, more resolved, detailed compared to the single one. I noticed it clearly when using the D12 in coax mode. If you are looking for a dual dac sound, then amps utilizing that configuration with coax in would work quite nicely.

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #3,467 of 18,652
thanks for all the comments, can't wait the receive it in no time! The next shipping date is 11th October, probably takes another 2 weeks for the shipping before finally reaching me
eek.gif
 that is a long wait! 
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #3,470 of 18,652
Oct 11 means he is batch 5.

i know he is. but he said once his order ships on oct 11, it will 'probably take another 2 weeks to reach him'. i'm asking why delivery will take 2 weeks when it is only taking a few days.

The next shipping date is 11th October, probably takes another 2 weeks for the shipping before finally reaching me
eek.gif
 that is a long wait! 
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #3,471 of 18,652
Just updated to 1.2.0, no big problem except one
When im in 1.1.6, I can play all music from the same artist under the artists tab, however after the update the tab brings me to albums from that artist .
Is there any way I can play all songs from the same artist without making a playlist for each of them ?

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #3,472 of 18,652
i know he is. but he said once his order ships on oct 11, it will 'probably take another 2 weeks to reach him'. i'm asking why delivery will take 2 weeks when it is only taking a few days.

LOLz, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was only assuming. Most of the time when I bought something from USA it would take 1 to 2 weeks to reach with standard shipping even with tracking no. The shipping charges for the DX50 was very reasonable, I was only assuming it uses a standard international shipping which takes longer to reach? But now I realize it should not be, I remember quite a while ago I asked iBasso abut the DX100, anyway, it is express shipping, I think normally it is EMS if it is from China. Now I can reassume that I will get my DX50 around 14th :D

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #3,473 of 18,652
The DX50 does very well with my Audioengine A2s that I just got. Nice solid sound.
Not sure why everyone is complaining the A2 has no bass??
Just switched to Mac and the damn thing won't connect to my SGS3 so no pics :frowning2:.
Another thing k realised is that there is a humming sound when used directly through my Mac and my phone, but there is no hum through the DX50.

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,475 of 18,652
Just orderd dx50 with mp4nation fedex even it has so many bugs:L3000: hope to get soon
How long it takes with fedex normally?:popcorn:  

i ordered mine last week and then only they tell me they dont have stock. expecting to receive new stock on 12 oct. take into consideration of stocking n packing time, i say will be able to get it earliest 16 probably.

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #3,477 of 18,652
  I'm pretty satisfy with the DX50, but I have one issue with the scrolling. Every time I try to scroll through my songs, I end up accidently selecting a song. I hope they will add a scroll bar in the next update.

Here's the key. Scroll with a firm touch. A light tap opens a file, a firm scrolling movement will scroll without opening files. Actually logical and works well once you get used to how to do it.

Kevin

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,478 of 18,652
Just updated to 1.2.0, no big problem except one
When im in 1.1.6, I can play all music from the same artist under the artists tab, however after the update the tab brings me to albums from that artist .
Is there any way I can play all songs from the same artist without making a playlist for each of them ?

Not that I know of. Having the Artist tab sorted by albums was something that many had requested and iBasso delivered in the latest firmware version.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #3,479 of 18,652
Not that I know of. Having the Artist tab sorted by albums was something that many had requested and iBasso delivered in the latest firmware version.

I guess we need to ask now to include a play/shuffle all feature within the artists. Apple's music player had the same issue during iOS7 beta phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back