The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #1,231 of 18,652
I repeated the process and is flashing well. Is creating a backup and I think everything is fine the time. BTW all Androids after flashing an update stuck a while charging data. In the first androids which had a similar processor to this DAP it took 20 minutes

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,232 of 18,652
If someone gets stuck in the iBasso screen after update do this:
Press power until the screen turns back and then holding power press vol+ and maintain it 5sec
Then move with vol+ and vol- to Wipe.
Wipe everything and the next time it will power on well

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #1,233 of 18,652

Yeah, I am with you it's all about price.  I saw 32GB SD card w/ 2 day delivery for $13.00.  So, I figured that's $52.00 for 128GB.  My shopping on Amazon Primes h=showed the yes for average of $120, with a few going for around $80.

Anyway it seems like byte for byte the SD card is much cheaper in the higher capacities and still a little bit cheaper in the lower capacities.  I'm not knocking the USB keys one way or another, just not understanding it. 

I was referring to larger storage devices.  500GB SSD or 256GB Flash, for example.  They're just very expensive for what they are.  Obviously the price will come down, but I want it NOW! :)  

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #1,234 of 18,652
When I select 'OK' to update firmware the DX50 seems to reboot to the iBasso screen then takes me directly to the recovery screen.  I can't seem to move the cursor to select any other opens except to reboot the player.  I even tried the other technique using the connector end of the headphone touching the coaxial output.

I'll try to re-download the firmware again.  What's strange is that I haven't received an email from iBasso about the update yet.  

I think you have to use volume buttons to navigate, the new firmware should have changed the functionality of recovery menu from previous version of navigating through coaxial and hold switch.

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,239 of 18,652
I think you have to use volume buttons to navigate, the new firmware should have changed the functionality of recovery menu from previous version of navigating through coaxial and hold switch.

That didn't work either but I finally got the firmware to install.  What I did was I made sure to delete everything on the DX50's internal storage including the "Lost.dir" folder.  After that I downloaded the firmware again and made sure I used the main USB input on the back of my PC instead of the front bay.  I went through the process and it gave me weird messages like "Please KEEP your USB cable DC-in connected."

I ignored that and it updated just fine.  Now it seems like the player will remember where you left off when navigating through folders without having to scroll all the way back to where you were.  The "Play All" works fine now.  And of course, I notice if I tap on the cover art file (Not in the "Now Playing" screen) it'll give me an option to "Add to Playlist."  But then there's no way to access that playlist yet.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #1,241 of 18,652
Solution here:

Hi,
On the recovery mode, you can use your phone's 3.5mm plug to touch the coaxial jack, and flick the hold swithc to operate. click the power button to select.
Please feel free to email me if you still cant reboot your DX50.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #1,242 of 18,652
  Solution here:

Hi,
On the recovery mode, you can use your phone's 3.5mm plug to touch the coaxial jack, and flick the hold swithc to operate. click the power button to select.
Please feel free to email me if you still cant reboot your DX50.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

thought i already reply you ...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-2nd-batch-shipped/1230#post_9798994

haha

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #1,245 of 18,652
Having had a chance to listen a bit more now, a few more impressions

JH13 FP - High Gain, EQ off
Quite detailed, open and large soundstage
Not sizzly or sibilant
No Hiss
Bass region lacks weight and slam though and is also a bit woolly

JH16 Non FP - Mid Gain (High seems to muddy the sound a bit and create some mild background hiss)
In comparison to the JH13
Not as detailed or as large a soundstage
Bass is a bit woolly and loose.

I think the limitations of the player are quite noticeable between the two CIEMs.
In comparison, the DX100 works brilliantly with both and I have been very spoilt by it.
However, the DX100 is bigger, heavier and more expensive.

If I hadn't heard the DX100 first, the DX50 is an excellent player in its own right (once the fix the UI bugs)

....now if iBasso can shrink the DX100 into the DX50 chassis....roll on the DX200
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back