The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 18,652
Can we stop spamming this thread with 'subs'?

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #17 of 18,652
When is this DAP available to us mortals?

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #19 of 18,652
  Maybe we can call it the prestidigitator, now you see it now you don't. I would have expected this user to provide some minor review as a strict minimum.

He's known to do this though. I think he likes to just show off his new toys and his English isn't the greatest either :wink:. But honestly I don't think he is really obligated to do a review on it at all. Although I agree it would be at least somewhat courteous to do so.

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #20 of 18,652
If there's anything I take from the last thread it's this:

Originally Posted by Noirkw91

Hi,
Thank you for your kind words.
We will release a new firmware after about 1 month.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

This what what I got when I asked them

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #22 of 18,652
can't wait for the first impressions, share them pls ........MEOW .........
tongue_smile.gif

i get Dx50 too but since not in the first or third order line i will have to wait more.

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #24 of 18,652
Sep 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #25 of 18,652
Sep 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #27 of 18,652
I still waiting for the dx50, i have order not from web but from shop , they said they will get it on next week

i know magic pray, which begins: dear HeadFi Lord, I am your mean servant and i send this pray to you. Might you bless iBasso and especially bless the post which will deliver dx50 to my doors. Blessed You. :)))

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 18,652
NOTE: This is not my review, credits below.

DX50 review

Managed to get some time w d highly anticipated DX50, so here is my review:

Built:
Solid, good finishing, the case of the battery cover sits very nicely with no squeaky sound, tactile buttons is makes it easy to navigate. Brush metal is welcomed, as it is more resistant to scratches. Slightly smaller than iPod classic. Basic resolution for the screen.

Sound signature:
Sparkling but smooth highs
Tight and impactful bass
Very good separation
Wide soundstage
Good volume control

Compared to Fiio X3, the DX50 has:
Better presentation of highs n soundstage.
Better details retrieval.
Slightly laid back (similar to dx100)
X3 lack depth n width, separation is not as good as dx50.

Software:
Some of my .m4a tracks cannot be played.
The track is running, but there's no sound coming out. When I skip tracks, (those that are playable) the same thing happens. Need a restart to rectify it.
Long scanning time, w/o indication of progress.

Verdict:
The DX50 sounds very nice, coupled with tactile buttons, SD card options and removable batteries. Price performance ration is also very reasonable. Base on my impression of the DX100. There is some similarity between the 2.

Not that X3 is inferior, since it cost lesser, my expectations of X3 is lower as well. If the comparison is strictly base on my preferred sound signature, I'd give my vote to DX50.

CREDITS:SpOrTsTeR79 of HWZ

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #30 of 18,652
NOTE: This is not my review, credits below.

DX50 review

Managed to get some time w d highly anticipated DX50, so here is my review:

Built:
Solid, good finishing, the case of the battery cover sits very nicely with no squeaky sound, tactile buttons is makes it easy to navigate. Brush metal is welcomed, as it is more resistant to scratches. Slightly smaller than iPod classic. Basic resolution for the screen.

Sound signature:
Sparkling but smooth highs
Tight and impactful bass
Very good separation
Wide soundstage
Good volume control

Compared to Fiio X3, the DX50 has:
Better presentation of highs n soundstage.
Better details retrieval.
Slightly laid back (similar to dx100)
X3 lack depth n width, separation is not as good as dx50.

Software:
Some of my .m4a tracks cannot be played.
The track is running, but there's no sound coming out. When I skip tracks, (those that are playable) the same thing happens. Need a restart to rectify it.
Long scanning time, w/o indication of progress.

Verdict:
The DX50 sounds very nice, coupled with tactile buttons, SD card options and removable batteries. Price performance ration is also very reasonable. Base on my impression of the DX100. There is some similarity between the 2.

Not that X3 is inferior, since it cost lesser, my expectations of X3 is lower as well. If the comparison is strictly base on my preferred sound signature, I'd give my vote to DX50.

CREDITS:SpOrTsTeR79 of HWZ

Awesome! Thanks heaps for showing that here. The DX50 sounds pretty promising by the looks of things. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back