The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 20, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #17,971 of 18,652
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 21, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #17,973 of 18,652
Hi Paul, It'd be really great if they could fix something. Sometimes I'm playing songs in shuffle mode and when someone asks you to replay a song you cannot go back to it because when you play the back button it goes to a random song again. I think -just my opinion- it should be "random" only when you play the forward button. Anyway, thank you very much for your help!!! Also thanks to the Ibasso team.

-Alvaro

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #17,974 of 18,652
  Hi Paul, It'd be really great if they could fix something. Sometimes I'm playing songs in shuffle mode and when someone asks you to replay a song you cannot go back to it because when you play the back button it goes to a random song again. I think -just my opinion- it should be "random" only when you play the forward button. Anyway, thank you very much for your help!!! Also thanks to the Ibasso team.

-Alvaro

I and others agree with you, but iBasso does not believe this needs to be fixed.  It is this way on all of their products.  

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #17,975 of 18,652

-Alvaro

I will ask the SW team if they can do this.

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #17,976 of 18,652

In my Ford, the Sync engine generates a randomized list of all the songs on the USB drive (almost 10,000 of them), then creates a playlist from that list, then starts from a random point on that playlist.  In this way you can go backwards and forwards through the list.  It works pretty well.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #17,978 of 18,652
Lesson on synergy.

This past week I've acquired a new semi end game hybrid IEM, Tralucent Ref.1.

I have a few sources here ranging in price, two in particular, Cayin N6, Pono Player. One would assume judging by price both players will outperform iBasso DX50, I want to believe it myself. After comparing extensively it's apparent DX50 gives me the best performance of these players with Ref.1.

The Pono player sounds too warm (suspect output impedance mismatch) and Cayin N6 while having a slight advantage in detail doesn't produce the air or soundstage width DX50 does with the Tralucent IEM.

The sound is very effortless in detail, airy, very very good sound!

DX50 firmware is v1.9.3

Also, for those bothered by thier DX50 headphone out jack becoming loose I managed to fix mine without the need for parts or any soldering.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/720776/ibasso-dx50-mods/285#post_12275154

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #17,979 of 18,652
Also, for those bothered by thier DX50 headphone out jack becoming loose I managed to fix mine without the need for parts or any soldering.

The method of tightening the contacts works well and many times is all that is required. It is also fairly easy to replace the socket but it does require soldering of course. This is something I know you are already aware of.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #17,980 of 18,652
Lesson on synergy.

This past week I've acquired a new semi end game hybrid IEM, Tralucent Ref.1.

I have a few sources here ranging in price, two in particular, Cayin N6, Pono Player. One would assume judging by price both players will outperform iBasso DX50, I want to believe it myself. After comparing extensively it's apparent DX50 gives me the best performance of these players with Ref.1.

The Pono player sounds too warm (suspect output impedance mismatch) and Cayin N6 while having a slight advantage in detail doesn't produce the air or soundstage width DX50 does with the Tralucent IEM.

The sound is very effortless in detail, airy, very very good sound!

DX50 firmware is v1.9.3

Have You done any HW upgrades to DX50 ? If not, do/let do :wink:

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #17,981 of 18,652

Have You done any HW upgrades to DX50 ? If not, do/let do :wink:

No hardware upgrades. As food for thought, I have owned x3 seperate DX50 units from different batches since original release and available firmwares. The most recent unit sounds noticeably better to my ears, especially in regards to soundstage width I mentioned and instrument separation. I have tested DX90 and my DX80 to some extent with Tralucent Ref.1, but again simply prefer the synergy of DX50 with this IEM. The other players may offer higher resolution and detail but the combination of DX50 / Tralucent Ref.1 gives off a certain vibe which is likable at low volume and can excel effortless detail when asked.

I just get a 'feeling' from the pairing which makes me perceive "this is correct".

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #17,982 of 18,652
Just a note - I have also latest batch DX50 (at least I haven`t noticed newer one) and HW upgrades (along with custom FW) can raise this player even higher :wink:

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #17,983 of 18,652
  Just a note - I have also latest batch DX50 (at least I haven`t noticed newer one) and HW upgrades (along with custom FW) can raise this player even higher :wink:

I will consider hardware upgrades in the future, see if I can extract a little more. 
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #17,985 of 18,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back