The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #14,401 of 18,652
  problem with Sound Unlocked V1.30. Hi everyone, I have no idea how to reboot into the settings?? I have switched the lock to on and boot up the device, but it keeps showing me "Locked" screen after boot up complete and there is no such special settings as mentioned? I unlock the device, it will just turn back to the normal home menu. Am I missing something. I've tried to look for any info, there is nothing about anyone mentioning anything about what I'm experiencing. I have tried it over and over, but nothing happened, it will just keep getting back to the home menu. Kindly advice. Thank you in advanced!

try

Hey olddude, this had me stumped as well for a little while, almost gave up. Suprisingly the boot up options screen will not show up with your line out cable connected!

Maybe give it another try.

1. Unplug line out cable
2. Make sure player is on.
3. Switch the lock (hold) switch to on so you see the lock screen
4. Press and keep holding the power button until player reboots into the new settings option screen (be patient)
5. when you have made the selection you want , switch the lock (hold) switch to off again and it will  reboot into the player with the new settings.

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #14,402 of 18,652
  problem with Sound Unlocked V1.30. Hi everyone, I have no idea how to reboot into the settings?? I have switched the lock to on and boot up the device, but it keeps showing me "Locked" screen after boot up complete and there is no such special settings as mentioned? I unlock the device, it will just turn back to the normal home menu. Am I missing something. I've tried to look for any info, there is nothing about anyone mentioning anything about what I'm experiencing. I have tried it over and over, but nothing happened, it will just keep getting back to the home menu. Kindly advice. Thank you in advanced!

Anyway, I have fixed this issue - https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked/raw/master/releases/dx50_sound_unlocked_1.3.1.7z

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #14,403 of 18,652
medmitry, there is something wrong with download link...

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #14,405 of 18,652
  medmitry, there is something wrong with download link...

Seems like a github problem :) 

Download works for me.  Since this update only fixes the one issue and doesn't impact me, I think I'll hold off on updating.  Looking forward to future updates.

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #14,407 of 18,652
Am I supposed to add music to my Micro SD card alone, or should I put it in my DX50 and then plug in the USB and add music that way?

Using JRiver. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #14,409 of 18,652
  Am I supposed to add music to my Micro SD card alone, or should I put it in my DX50 and then plug in the USB and add music that way?

Using JRiver. 

Either way will work.  You're not using an iDevice anymore.  There's more than one way to do things.

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #14,411 of 18,652
  I am using the Denon AH-C300 which are probably the most powerful bass IEMs out there, so its a little strange to find the bass so thin.

It is just a different sonic signature from what you are used I guess. The DX50 with Sound Unlocked has plenty of bass in the tracks where it is actually present. In those where there is just some weaker rhythm it does color it since it uses no additional dsp. Try the FW I suggested and the high gain on the amp and let us know how it worked for you.

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #14,413 of 18,652
I'm having a very basic problem with Sound Unlocked.  Forgive my dimness, but I can't figure out how to use the FW.  The file extension for the download is ".7z" and the file size is 64kb - the size of a zipped file.  And of course, it doesn't "do" anything. 

What secret step am I missing?

Many thanks

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #14,414 of 18,652
You have to unpack it: http://www.7-zip.org

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #14,415 of 18,652
  I'm having a very basic problem with Sound Unlocked.  Forgive my dimness, but I can't figure out how to use the FW.  The file extension for the download is ".7z" and the file size is 64kb - the size of a zipped file.  And of course, it doesn't "do" anything. 

What secret step am I missing?

Many thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=.7z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back