The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #11,671 of 18,652
i guess i lucked out. 
last week, i found a 64gb micro for $18 with free shipping. 
i didnt really know the going prices of these micro sd cards so i ordered just one. 
the next day, the price was changed to $45 (or $50. i forget). 
i received mine, tested it on my computer and it is fully functional. 
wish i had ordered a few more.. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #11,672 of 18,652
  i guess i lucked out. 
last week, i found a 64gb micro for $18 with free shipping. 
i didnt really know the going prices of these micro sd cards so i ordered just one. 
the next day, the price was changed to $45 (or $50. i forget). 
i received mine, tested it on my computer and it is fully functional. 
wish i had ordered a few more.. 

hahaha, lucky you! 

I guess the prices will change anyway once the 128gb are going to be on the market....

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #11,673 of 18,652
I heard from some people that colorfly c3 with better sound quality than dx50 and The dx50 expensive for me, and if thare is a cheaper dap and with sound quality that's great for me. I just want a quality dap for the dunu dn1000.
The question is this true?

This is what he wrote:

the X3 got a warm presentation already and doesn't pair as well with cans/IEMs that are warm-ish already.

For the other two here are my thoughts:

They sound almost identical.

I ended up selling my DX50 because the C3 sounded the same for about $125 less. Granted the DX50 has some extra features that you might like i.e. adjustable gain, true LO, larger touch screen, better amp circuit... if you're just in the market for a standalone DAP, then you can't go wrong with the C3. However, if the extra money isn't an issue, AND you need the extra power, then the DX50 is still an excellent sounding DAP that will take care of all of your portable

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #11,674 of 18,652
I heard from some people that colorfly c3 with better sound quality than dx50 and The dx50 expensive for me, and if thare is a cheaper dap and with sound quality that's great for me. I just want a quality dap for the dunu dn1000.

This is what he wrote:

the X3 got a warm presentation already and doesn't pair as well with cans/IEMs that are warm-ish already.

I ended up selling my DX50 because the C3 sounded the same for about $125 less. Granted the DX50 has some extra features that you might like i.e. adjustable gain, true LO, larger touch screen, better amp circuit... if you're just in the market for a standalone DAP, then you can't go wrong with the C3. However, if the extra money isn't an issue, AND you need the extra power, then the DX50 is still an excellent sounding DAP that will take care of all of your portable

C3 is not better, just colder and thinner in sound.

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #11,675 of 18,652

This is what he wrote:

Well , i haven't tried any cowon or color fly.

Only had ipod classic , sandisk clip+ and dx50.

But since i got the dx50 iam not using the others.

But as far as money is a concern, i think a rockboxed clip + cant be beaten to drive sensitive iems and headphones, it is awesome with my m100s.

I actually think that a dap as the clip + specially at this price tag, quality and portability is a must have, beside any other dap you own or prefer let it be dx50, x3 or whatever.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #11,677 of 18,652

This is what he wrote:

I listened to the C3 and then the DX50. Whatever makes you happy is what counts. I know that for me the difference with good phones is there and for me, the DX50 performs much better. Along with all the other features of the DX50, to me, there is no comparison. But again, what is important is that you enjoy the music. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #11,680 of 18,652
^^The picture of the EQ they have on the product page looks different than 1.2.8.

... looks like 1.2.9 will be released with the DX90?

Also, courtesy of Jamato8, preorder on amazon for 128gb MicroSD cards for $119 shipped
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIJ6W4S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #11,681 of 18,652
Feb 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #11,682 of 18,652
^^The picture of the EQ they have on the product page looks different than 1.2.8.

... looks like 1.2.9 will be released with the DX90?

Also, courtesy of Jamato8, preorder on amazon for 128gb MicroSD cards for $119 shipped
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIJ6W4S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Actually, that appears to be the previous EQ as the current version is labelled "On" and "Off" rather than "Open" and "Close" which was changed as it was somewhat confusing to many users. None of the versions has had highlighted sliders.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #11,683 of 18,652
So as of today as opposed to when the dx50 first came out is it performing any better? Any problems with it still? Had the x3 and had to send it back as it was a lil to slow at things and other little problems

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #11,684 of 18,652
I am interested in the iBasso DX50. I had a Fiio X3 but it stopped charging in the middle of its charge cycle and ended up not working even when plugged in. The only other source that I have is an iPod Nano. So how good is the build quality? Can I use it while it is charging? And finally, can I use the microUSB cable to connect a DAC? I have ordered a C5D DAC/amp and would like to use the external DAC. But if I cannot, then I will hook it up to the line-in of the amp part. 

Bob Graham

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #11,685 of 18,652
So hopefully this isn't just repetition of what someone else said, but by the looks of iBasso's product page for the DX50, it seems that they are now including the silicone case with newly shipping units. It's listed under the included accessories section. I also can't seem to find the case on its own on their site.

This is interesting, and nice. The X3 won't be the only product that ships with protection off the bat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back