The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 27, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #10,546 of 18,652
I'm charging it using a iPhone adaptor and using a cable from fiio x3 which seems much better built than the 1 that came with DX50. My set is a 1 week old set that has been charged 3rd time only. Apart from the fast charging, the battery life would last me only approx 8hrs of usage.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #10,547 of 18,652
I'm charging it using a iPhone adaptor and using a cable from fiio x3 which seems much better built than the 1 that came with DX50. My set is a 1 week old set that has been charged 3rd time only. Apart from the fast charging, the battery life would last me only approx 8hrs of usage.

Yeah, in that case it could be just that the iPhone charger is particularly powerful and cuts on charging time - as Nihontoman said just above ^ , if your battery lasts 10 hours+, just be happy that your charging times are so fast 
smile.gif
 - if, on the other hand, you get short battery usable time, well, change charger 
wink_face.gif
 (as, apparently, the iPhone one might not be good for the S3-compatible batteries).

Maybe, in the long run, you might have to replace battery a bit sooner (I read somewhere that fast charging might have an adverse effect on overall battery life), but it might be worth it to get such short charging times
smile.gif
!

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #10,548 of 18,652
Guys, do you tend to get more run-time via the line out? Im not sure if having the volume to almost full but no circuit connected in the HO consumes any power?! ('electrically' seems not, but Im not sure how/if feedback circuit plays any role)

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #10,549 of 18,652
Yeah, in that case it could be just that the iPhone charger is particularly powerful and cuts on charging time - as Nihontoman said just above ^ , if your battery lasts 10 hours+, just be happy that your charging times are so fast :smile:  - if, on the other hand, you get short battery usable time, well, change charger :wink_face:  (as, apparently, the iPhone one might not be good for the S3-compatible batteries).

Maybe, in the long run, you might have to replace battery a bit sooner (I read somewhere that fast charging might have an adverse effect on overall battery life), but it might be worth it to get such short charging times:smile: !

thanks for your advice! : ) didn't come to mind that iPhone charger may not be compatible with S3 battery. the ampere is indeed different between iPhone and samsung chargers. but anyone who wants a fast charging time can try out the iPhone charger haha. but with risks. : )

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #10,550 of 18,652
Here you go, guys - it's the 1.2.8 firmware, sporting DSD support AND some sonic changes that I believe most of you will enjoy 
wink.gif

Grab it while it's hot: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50V128.zip or http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50V128.zip

Knock yourselves out, this is a good one.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #10,551 of 18,652
Hi all.
Probably a dumb question, but I find the menus (artist / album etc) very blocky to look at despite the resolution of the DX50 being high enough to look better (main playback screen looks far sharper). Is there any method to change the font?
Otherwise fully enjoying the DX50 and graphics only a minor niggle for me. It's the sound that counts!
Thanks Sorensiim for all your input. Your dedication and support is outstanding.
Paul

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #10,554 of 18,652
Great sound on the 1.2.8. Having all sorts of fun! 

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #10,555 of 18,652

Thanks! I can't myself see a difference between 96 and 44.1 when I compare identical recordings, but that's another story.

I haven't really audibly noticed anything between 96 and 44.1 or 48, and haven't heard 192 but pretty sure that wouldn't be different either.  However I have visually seen the differences between a 44.1 recording vs a 96 recording.  You can see that the 96 recording does have extra data in the super high frequencies, though it's very low in volume, and unless having super ears it'd be impossible to hear anyway.

The high res files I have now are few, but rather situational as they were ripped from discs in their lossless format and I chose not to manipulate the recording.  But I don't really see myself paying extra for high res files outright if it isn't necessary, unless I'm buying a 5.1 DSD or DVD-audio disc as those are always fun.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #10,556 of 18,652
Hi all.
Probably a dumb question, but I find the menus (artist / album etc) very blocky to look at despite the resolution of the DX50 being high enough to look better (main playback screen looks far sharper). Is there any method to change the font?
Otherwise fully enjoying the DX50 and graphics only a minor niggle for me. It's the sound that counts!
Thanks Sorensiim for all your input. Your dedication and support is outstanding.
Paul

Just happy to help 
smile.gif

I wish we could find a better font for the DX50, text really looks atrocious. Problem is, it needs to support latin, korean, japanese, chinese and probably sanskrit as well. Not many of those around.

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #10,560 of 18,652
wow, new FW, so how this sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back