The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #9,301 of 18,652
This should be welcome news for those planning to upgrade to the new v.1.2.7 firmware:

Changes.
1, rectify the gapless function;
2, an improved EQ function;
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.

PS: the sleep timer has also been fixed.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #9,304 of 18,652
Can't have both worlds :frowning2: if they are not giving the choice through option menu you can pretty much conclude it's a goner.

I think the crossfade problem mainly due to the gapless function.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #9,305 of 18,652
I think the crossfade problem mainly due to the gapless function.

It's a programmable feature so someone might have been a little exotic and tried to get rid off the timing feature of the gapless but ended up giving a crossfade instead. To me it's complete feature control left to the implementer, hence why they could, if they wanted, give us the option through a menu selection. If I am wrong, please iBasso let me know.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #9,306 of 18,652
Let's put this in perspective. Crossfade can be fun but it is a boondoggle - like the user changeable wallpaper. Gapless is basic to the functioning of a Digital Audio Player. 

Bring on 1.2.7 iBasso! Very excited.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #9,307 of 18,652
Crossfade you mean? Or do you have gapless set to "closed"?

Nope, set on 5 sec. I was thinking the only thing that I have listened to was some classical recordings. I tried playing a rock album and gapless is gone.:mad: I will be waiting for the next fw update with baited breath.

Cheers,
Shawn

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #9,308 of 18,652
This should be welcome news for those planning to upgrade to the new v.1.2.7 firmware:

Changes.
3, user replaceable wallpaper. Wallpaper can be replaced by adding a 320*240 pixel wallpaper.png into the DX50's root folder.

YES! Custom wallpapers! They listened! Hahaha

Can't wait! :D

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #9,309 of 18,652
Let's put this in perspective. Crossfade can be fun but it is a boondoggle - like the user changeable wallpaper. Gapless is basic to the functioning of a Digital Audio Player. 

Bring on 1.2.7 iBasso! Very excited.

I am not hung on the crossfade tbh, I have been using gapless since my Apple days so, it's second nature and never had to think about it but really let's not be greedy here and allow people who likes the fade to be user selectable, then it's a win win situation. I like things that have a twist sometimes, it's nice not to always follow the herd and get something special once in a while. :wink:

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #9,310 of 18,652
YES! Custom wallpapers! They listened! Hahaha

Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Yes, despite my boondoggles comment (which is true), it is a fine addition. I am going to have some fun with wallpapers. I might even make a Rockbox theme - the next best thing to being actually able to Rockbox the DX50.  
size]

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #9,311 of 18,652

Changes.

That sounds marvelous specially the user configurable wallpaper. :gs1000smile:

I'll believe it when I'll hear it :D

Now if they could give us the "remember where I was when I shutdown or auto power off" that would crown the update. That would be useful for people like me listening to hours of music mixes. :beerchug:

Exciting time, I wish my electronics supplier would be as responsive as iBasso. Common now where is the update? :confused:

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #9,314 of 18,652
I've found 1.2.7 here: http://ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.7.zip

Everything works well.

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #9,315 of 18,652

Changes.

Hmm... I wonder what do they mean by "an improved EQ function". Maybe the sound won't muddy up anymore after activating the EQ? I really hope that's the case, and that they changed each step of the slider to 1dB, not one step of the volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back