The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #406 of 606
As i've got a macbook pro I'm guessing it would be beneficial for me to get the D12 as opposed to the D6 as i can make use of the optical thus freeing up USB ports or is there another difference between the two (sound?) that i'm missing

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #407 of 606
The D12 is more versatile, the D6 is more powerful (I think). Pick your pleasure/poison.

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #409 of 606
The D12 will let you play 24/96 files via optical from your MBP :)

Anyone try this amp with a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1 II?

Edit: My HD25's are hear. Nice, crisp sound with the D12.

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #410 of 606
The D12 has a lot of power for most applications.  Remember, a 3db increase in output is DOUBLING the power.  It'll drive my LCD-2 too loud for me to listen to before clipping (never felt I got close with them on my noggin), and that is a relatively low-efficiency can...  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 22, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #411 of 606
I saw a couple of you guys had bought HiFlights opamp rolling kit for the D12... Any opamp recommendations for rock? Is there a review of the opamps that I missed somewhere?

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #412 of 606
Sorry for spamming the thread, but I just emailed Ibasso about my RFI woes with the D12 and they suggested getting a pair of LME49721 opamps, as the default ones are quite sensitive - Have anyone tried these?

Edit: Ibasso just replied - The LME49721 is the single opamp included in the kit that came with the D12. The damn thing still picks up the same amounts of interference with the single opamp.

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #413 of 606

Quote:
Sorry for spamming the thread, but I just emailed Ibasso about my RFI woes with the D12 and they suggested getting a pair of LME49721 opamps, as the default ones are quite sensitive - Have anyone tried these?

Edit: Ibasso just replied - The LME49721 is the single opamp included in the kit that came with the D12. The damn thing still picks up the same amounts of interference with the single opamp.

With my previous D10, changing the opamps virtually eliminated the problems you're describing.  It may be effort well spent to experiment with more opamps in your D12.

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #414 of 606

Quote:
With my previous D10, changing the opamps virtually eliminated the problems you're describing.  It may be effort well spent to experiment with more opamps in your D12.

NIce to hear that! I'd love to hear anything anyone has to share about the sound from the different opamps :)

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #416 of 606
I received my topkit a few days ago.  My first impressions are in agreement with the others who have commented.  The topkit has 5 chips 2 "silver" buffers, 2 "red" opamps intended for Pop/Rock and 1 "pink" opamp intended for Jazz/Classical. 

I listened briefly to the topkit red opamps with the dummy buffers included by iBasso with the D12. The reds had a punchy sound described around here as "fun."  This sound to me was very different from the stock opamps.  I did like the sound better than the stock opamps (with or without the stock buffers). 

The single pink opamp with silver topkit buffers was closer to the stock sound, but with import differences.  The Jazz/Classical opamp seemed to have a much wider sound stage and an extended frequency range, especially the high frequencies.  It sounded neutral/natural to me.  There seemed to be more detail than the stock opamps.  The most noticeable thing to me was the wider sound stage.  I'll be listening to the classical opamp for awhile. 

Thanks HiFlight!

Mar 26, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #417 of 606
Just the sort of "review" I needed, thanks a ton! :)

I love a punchy sound so I guess I'll be pm'ing Hiflight as soon as I finish typing this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back