1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by jamato8, Aug 19, 2010.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. pekingduck
    Yes [​IMG]

Quote:

2. ChiCosta
    Hi!
    It's possible to connect D12 Anaconda to LINE IN of an integrated Amp with an 3.5mm - RCA adapter?
    If it's possible, how is the quality?
    Thanks,

3. HiFlight
    Yes, you can do that easily.  Plug the 3.5mm into the Aux In/Out of the D12 and the RCA plugs into the Line-in inputs (or any input except phono) of your integrated amp. 
    The D12 will then be performing pre-amp duties for your integrated amp.   Note that the volume control of the D12 will have no effect on the volume of the Aux In/Out jack of the D12.  You will need to control the volume with the volume control of your integrated amp. 

4. ChiCosta

Quote:

Nice news!
    If I use it that way, how do you compare is sound compared with Maverick D1? Better?
    Thanks

5. HiFlight
    I can't say, as I have never heard that amp.  The quality from the Aux In/Out is excellent, so it should do justice to any amp that you decide to use. 

Quote:

6. GTL
    Interesting comparison with the dacport. Is your D12 stock? Or have you rolled opamps?

Quote:

7. mrspeakers Contributor
    Stock, except for removing the buffers.  

I think the buffers will need to go back in when I get the LCD-2s, as they require more wattage to achieve a given SPL...

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  8. GLdgShDjKsHT
    so between  d12 or should i wait for the new d6, what do you recommand??

9. HiFlight

Nobody can answer that question until the D6 arrives and comparisons can be made between the two.  Much depends upon how important the optical and coax inputs of the D12 are to your setup. 

Quote:

10. tball

I'm new to this scene and picked up an Anaconda D12 to use with UE Triple.fi IEMs on a RWA 60GB iMod with Apple Lossless files.  I also plan to use it as a DAC on PC at home/work.  Regarding the opamp choice you posted about (see below), are the OPA637BP opamps available for purchase online somewhere in a configuration that is "ready" to be dropped in the D12 opamp sockets?  Or are these already part of the HiFlight topkit for the D12?  Any clarification would be appreciated.

Quote:

11. Gauss1777
    Hows the sound of the OPA637BP?
    I want to give the D12 more slam on bass and musical mids for female voices. By slam on the bass I don't mean punchy, but more detailed, fast and with more kick than stock.

12. 78tball
    Do iBasso amps (ie. D12 or D6) require the type of burn-in that appears to be required with RSA and other amps to achieve a certain stable sound signature?  I have yet to read much of anything on this associated with the iBasso line of amps.  If not, is there a reason why?

13. 78tball
    Edit.  Sorry.  Double-post.

14. Armaegis
    Burn-in is in the ear of the beholder. Some hear it, others don't.

15. HiFlight
    The OPA637BP can be purchased individually from many suppliers (such as Digikey).  If you order them in the DIP configuration, they will plug directly into the D12 L/R sockets.  If they are ordered in SOIC case style, they need to be soldered to the appropriate adapter.   Because of the high cost of the 627/637 opamps, none of the Topkits use them. 

Quote:

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last