The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .
Dec 14, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #316 of 606
Hi everyone, YEsterday my ibasso d12 arrived and today the two iems I am intending to use them with the jvc fx700 and the final audio design ba-sb. I am trying them now with the jvc and I must say it sounds pretty good although some instrumjents can be a biutharsh but thats probbably due to the iem. Can someone tell me how I engage the charger on the unit? What I mean is what position of the switch turns the charging ciercuit on? Thanks, Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #317 of 606
 To charge you would push the switch on the back towards the middle of the amp and towards the outside of the amp for off. 

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #318 of 606
Hi Jam, Sorry I was a bit unclear in my last message but I thought people remembered from the d10 thread that I am blind so cannot read the labelling on the back. No matter though I will hear soon enough if it runs out of juice. In general I am pretty satisfied with it although I hope in the future they will be able to make their new amps a bit more compact, less thick and maybe a bit shorter. I guess they cant do much about the width with all the connectors. Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #319 of 606
I have an issue right now myself with the D12 and trying to charge it.

The white light on the front of the unit is blinking and the sound quality has gone down.

The back of the unit lights up yellow when I plug the USB cable and wallwart into an outlet.

But the red light on the back of the unit for charging will not go on now and the back swtich does not rock into and stay in the "on" charge position.  (I thought I remembered it either staying in the "on" or the "off" position and charging.)  But now the switch only returns to center after wiggling.

I also had the P4 for a little bit, am I confused or having an issue with the switch?

Thanks in advance...

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #320 of 606

Quote:
Hi Jam, Sorry I was a bit unclear in my last message but I thought people remembered from the d10 thread that I am blind so cannot read the labelling on the back. No matter though I will hear soon enough if it runs out of juice. In general I am pretty satisfied with it although I hope in the future they will be able to make their new amps a bit more compact, less thick and maybe a bit shorter. I guess they cant do much about the width with all the connectors. Greetings, Anouk,

I remember, that is why I said to push it towards the center (the switch) to charge and towards the outside of the amp to turn off the charging. 

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #321 of 606

Quote:
I have an issue right now myself with the D12 and trying to charge it.

The white light on the front of the unit is blinking and the sound quality has gone down.

The back of the unit lights up yellow when I plug the USB cable and wallwart into an outlet.

But the red light on the back of the unit for charging will not go on now and the back swtich does not rock into and stay in the "on" charge position.  (I thought I remembered it either staying in the "on" or the "off" position and charging.)  But now the switch only returns to center after wiggling.

I also had the P4 for a little bit, am I confused or having an issue with the switch?

Thanks in advance...

It would seem that your switch is bad. I would contact iBasso. 

Quote:

Because of the sockets used for interchangeable op amps and buffers it would be hard to make it smaller. Also, you have dual dacs and quite a bit of electronics packed in there and a fairly large battery. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #323 of 606
If the light is blinking or fading, and the SQ went down, that's an indicator of the battery needing to be charged I reckon. Either that or the switch like they said, but I'm just speaking from experience with the P3+

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #324 of 606
Hi again, I do notice now that if I switch the switch on the back to the LEFT then there is less hiss with the final audio design, although it still exists at high gain but noticably less. I do guess that this then disengaged the charging circuit. Interesting though because the fx700 did not have any hiss at all. Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #325 of 606
I don't get any hiss from the D12 unless there is some from the source feeding it. There are a number of variables obviously that can effect this but I have fond the D12 to be exceptionally quiet. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #327 of 606
I am posting a link here to the Sys Concepts optical cable because it is that good. I can hear the difference with 16/48 and anything higher like 24/96 requires it. There really is a difference and for what you get, the cable is cheap. 

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=365

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #328 of 606
Thanks for posting the link, John. I was looking for that but couldn't find it, only the more expensive short one. I probably won't get it any time soon, but now I know where to when i want to upgrade.

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #329 of 606

Quote:
Thanks for posting the link, John. I was looking for that but couldn't find it, only the more expensive short one. I probably won't get it any time soon, but now I know where to when i want to upgrade.

I bought 4 additional cables with different ends and lengths, they are that good. I have about 12 of the solid core but I find I miss music when not using the newer cable. 

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #330 of 606
When you miss something when you don't use it, you got something good. I feel that way with my racing bike and mountain bike on the roads. The racing bike has so much more effortless speed and handling that the mountain bike feels like I am pedaling a boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back