The "I hate waiting for parcels" thread.
Feb 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #886 of 917
I'm still waiting for my HR Balanced Desktop and DAC to be released from Stansted Airport! It took FedEx two days to ship it over from the US but it's spent nearly 5 days waiting for clearance... no doubt they will deliver whiles I'm at work
frown.gif

I'm off to go and sulk!

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #887 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0shimi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting for my HR Balanced Desktop and DAC to be released from Stansted Airport! It took FedEx two days to ship it over from the US but it's spent nearly 5 days waiting for clearance... no doubt they will deliver whiles I'm at work
frown.gif

I'm off to go and sulk!

Oh man! That stinks.

I am waiting for my amp to get in from canada to me. I would have had it thursday, but my pay pal address was my old address. Luckily in the nick of time I caught it, and had USPS forward the parcel. That was on friday, and it's priority shipping inter-state. I hope I go home and it's there!! My aunt would have signed for it. Maybe I should just call? Nah, I'll let the adrenaline keep up.. I don't want to feel sad. I'll do that later
biggrin.gif
It better come today!!!! I'll probably shoot somebody with my 45 if it didn't come.

Tyler

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #888 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0shimi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting for my HR Balanced Desktop and DAC to be released from Stansted Airport! It took FedEx two days to ship it over from the US but it's spent nearly 5 days waiting for clearance...

More likely Fedex have spent 5 days adding up the charges you'll get hit with when it finally gets delivered. As they can't do sums (they charged me £42.90 for goods worth £125) - you'll have to allow them extra time to make sense of the figures themselves!

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #889 of 917
Dont say that!! I've spent enough already, my girlfriends birthday is coming up plus I will taking her out for valentines. My wallet hurts enough already!

In fact I bet it comes on Valentines, I'll be out with HER whiles my true love will be sitting alone at home in a stinking FedEx box!
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #890 of 917
Mmm, my new 20" Apple Cinema Display is truly a delight. Much brighter than my 15" Studio Display, and the added workspace is just terrific. I'm glad I saved the $300 from not getting the 23", although the extra pixels does make a difference. Now for a MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and the 30" Cinema Display!
biggrin.gif

Also got my window regulator for my car. My driver's side window goes up and down again! Ah...the convenience of drive-thru...

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #894 of 917
I am waiting for some new Senn HD 580's and Fed Ex is the SOB's delivering them. I live in a house on a typical normal street. On previous deliveries I get a call for a bad address. I get an exception notice on my delivery update (nobody is home to sign) What. The shipper sent them without a signature required. I called them on Monday to tell them just to leave the package on the porch. UPS just puts the packages in plastic and just tosses them in the yard. Yeah I'm a little annoyed at that. USPS puts everything in the porch. No complaints whatsoever with them. I know somebody around the corner could have different results.

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #897 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not yet hating but impatience is breaking through. Ooh, in about 10 hours Ill run down the stairs again
smily_headphones1.gif

mad.gif

Yes, starting to get grumpy now. I have a bad feeling about this one. Package has been sent on the 31st of January with USPS from the US to Ireland. Ive contacted both the seller and the Irish post office. If it doesnt arrive this week Im going to open an inquiry. Why me?

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #898 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 325i back yesterday along with a nice customs charge of £83
frown.gif

Ouch!

I got a £16 charge on a second hand, 1950's plastic camera that was given to me from a woman in the US (I collect and use them, if you didnt know). How on earth they worked out it was worth over £18 is above me. Plus, and this I didn't know, the woman is a heavy smoker so the whole package just reeks of stale tobacco.

Anyway, still waiting for my Mini^3, which I thought would arrive by today as on leave Monday & Tuesday and just had notification my Little Dot Mk1 has been despatched so hopefully that'll bee here soon. I hate waiting.

EDIT Mini^3 arrived and it's great. Just waiting on the LD Mk1 now. and some books, classical CDs and a 750GB MyBook Premium external drive.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #899 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 325i back yesterday along with a nice customs charge of £83
frown.gif

The only thing im waiting on now is my headphone stands.

That sucks, you mean you got it back from repair or recable or something of the sort?
There should be a shipping option that shows you've already paid customs once and allows you to ship outside EU without any further customs charges.

Or just have the other party describe it as "returned from repair" and include the original customs bill at the front where it is easy to access, that might work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back