The I am greatly sorry thread (Letter of apology from bcasey25raptor)
Aug 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #31 of 44
How do you know there are more poor quality products than good quality products being produced? Do you have data on this? Any evidence at all? By the way, there are a few products that kill people produced in every country, even in the USA. I hardly think all American auto manufacturing is terrible because Ford made a few dangerous products (Explorer and especially Pinto). And how do I "call out" the workforce of an entire country?

I doubt that there are more poor products than good ones, but there are more products overall from China than America, and it's constantly publicized when something faulty, deadly, or otherwise flawed comes out of China. Much more so than faulty American products, party due to the much smaller numbers of things in production.

But that really doesn't explain my point, many complaints are related to outsourced work. Actual Chinese companies can put out some extremely nice work, and I'm not against them, it's just that China is also linked to many outsourced American, Asian, or European companies, and people hate China for lowering the quality of the product, rather than the actual company for lowering their production standards and not maintaining the same level of quality they had prior to exporting work.

Generalizations are not really fair, but everybody makes them about something, so why not accept the fact that not everybody will both admit that not everything is bad and stop making generalizations about it.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #32 of 44
Well I read an essay on how there's quality violin manufacturing in China now due to the newer open market regime, whereas before the government would decide and control how to make violins and put people in charge that knew nothing about how to make violins and thus the quality suffered as a result.

And btw I bought a chinese violin once and it was the worst thing ever, violinists called them "VOS's" violin-shaped-object you can't even play it (talking about the cheap ones)...

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #33 of 44
Would it be a possibility to leave Casey's thread as exactly what it was intended to be  - an apology to anyone he offended?  Rather than taking the chance of it spiralling down to become exactly what flared up originally in his thread (China-bashing QC debate/discussion).  Talk about irony.

Perhaps those that want to debate the point could start their own thread and have at it.  Leave Casey's for what it was - a very mature apology.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #36 of 44
I kind of miss having Bcasey around. I wonder what he's been up to these days.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #38 of 44
Quote:
how'd he get banned? In fact why are there so many "headphone supremise" that are banned

Let's just say he was a little too rambunctious sometimes and we'll leave it at that.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:
but....what did he do??

Incessantly asking why another was banned as well as, it was rumored , publicly expressing a love of donkeys, I do believe ;')  

Edit: Donkeys , lil ponies whatever... No offence, AHorseNamedJeff ;')

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #44 of 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Back