The Hyland Headphones Saturn One, Saturn Two and Jupiter One thread
Jul 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #213 of 246
Alex just announced the new flagship open Venus and a closed back called the Eclipse. Too bad Geezer Rock wasn’t here for this. RIP my friend.

Sep 19, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #216 of 246
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here. I've been seeing a pair of used Saturn One for $400. Where I'm from, that's pretty much the same price as a brand new Grado SR325x. Would you think it'd be worth buying at that price? Roughly a year old and conditions seems tip top. Skimming through the posts these seems like they'll last a long time. Any one here with both the Saturn Ones and the Grado Sr325e/x who can compare the two?

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #217 of 246
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here. I've been seeing a pair of used Saturn One for $400. Where I'm from, that's pretty much the same price as a brand new Grado SR325x. Would you think it'd be worth buying at that price? Roughly a year old and conditions seems tip top. Skimming through the posts these seems like they'll last a long time. Any one here with both the Saturn Ones and the Grado Sr325e/x who can compare the two?
So, I have a Jupiter One, and a 325e. I dont know about the Jupiter vs the Saturn.
I think the Jupiter One is a better all around headphone than the 325e. It's more comfortable, and more versatile. But I do love the 325e for pure rocking out.
If the Saturn is similar to the Jupiter, I think $400 is a fair price.

Sep 19, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #218 of 246
Neither, IMO. I have listened to both the 325X and Saturn One. Spring a few extra $ for the Grado Hemp OR if you have a fairly robust tube amp, the Audio Technica R70X.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #219 of 246
So, I have a Jupiter One, and a 325e. I dont know about the Jupiter vs the Saturn.
I think the Jupiter One is a better all around headphone than the 325e. It's more comfortable, and more versatile. But I do love the 325e for pure rocking out.
If the Saturn is similar to the Jupiter, I think $400 is a fair price.
The Saturn (based on reading alone - I do not own one, only the Jupiter One) is very much more a 'traditional Grado' experience; hotter in the treble, thinner / less bass, on ear pads. It is a very different headphone compared with the Jupiter.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #221 of 246
They're my favorite open backs and have been for a while, and I'm really a planar / electrostat purist at heart, so that's saying something.

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #223 of 246
Sep 30, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #225 of 246
Hyland Audio Jupiter One vs:

Denon AH-D7200:
Obviously can't touch these for bass quantity, but quality they're right in line if not better. The Denons are richer, warmer, more intimate. Everything you expect from a closed back. The Jupiter One gets as close to this feel as I've ever seen in an open back.

Audio Technica ATH-R70X:
Jupiter sounds "colored", even "dark" after listening to these, but the R70X is truly unforgiving, and about the closest thing I own to "studio monitor" headphones now. It's also worth mentioning that I personally love the "ruler flat" presentation. The Hylands may not technically be "accurate" but they're well tuned and avoid V-shaped nonsense.

Koss ESP-950 + energizer:
No, Jupiter can't touch an electrostat for detail, but it does pretty much everything else better.

I absolutely love the Jupiter One and hope to one day experience and own Alex's newer models. Sadly, I'm not in a position to pursue them any time soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back