The Hyland Headphones Saturn One, Saturn Two and Jupiter One thread
Feb 7, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #196 of 246
I got my pair of Jupiter One late last week, and I’ve been listening to them regularly the past weekend. I am not an analytical listener by any stretch, so all I can really say is that this is the pair to get if you are like me and you want something that sounds like the Ety ER4XR but in open-back over-ear form. I definitely do not regret this blind purchase!
For sure the Hyland's are one of the best undiscovered audio treats!!! Welcome to the family!

Mar 4, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #197 of 246
Anyone here have any good alternatives for pads on the Saturn One? I believe I have GH 1 pads and just wondering if there was something out there that may be made of better material.
Beautiful Audio and more recently Shipibo Audio both make aftermarket pads for Grado that should work with the Saturn One. I don't think they will work with Saturn Two though unfortunately.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #199 of 246
Alex sent me some pics of my new J1s. They should be shipped out in a week or two, he just needs a part for the cable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_172004.jpg
    IMG_20210414_172004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 16, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #201 of 246
Congratulation on your purchase. You will love the comfort and sound of this masterpiece. Enjoy! And let us know how you like or dislike when you have an enough of time to listen to it.
Indeed. Its exciting, I've never had a custom order headphone before.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #202 of 246
Beautiful Audio and more recently Shipibo Audio both make aftermarket pads for Grado that should work with the Saturn One. I don't think they will work with Saturn Two though unfortunately.
I was wrong about this, Beautiful Audio make different sized pads to work with the Grados that use larger drivers (GS series et al), so I'm pretty sure they'll have some that work with the Saturn Two. I wouldn't be surprised if Shipibo do some too.

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #204 of 246
Has anyone measured the frequency response of any Hyland headphone?
It may be biased, but you could try contacting Hyland himself; he’s generally quite responsive.

Jun 26, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #209 of 246
^Jupiter 1 in Ash^ @Joaquin Dinero Did yours arrive yet?
Indeed. Jupiter 1 Cocobolo.

Really liking them so far. Very versatile with all kinds of music, and devices.

20210626_172855.jpg

I'm already plotting to get some Saturns in a lighter wood, also. Like the look of that Ash on yours.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #210 of 246
Very versatile with all kinds of music, and devices.

That is the impression I get too. Impressed with them out of anything I own. Running them out of my valve amp is my favourite so far though.

I am also wondering about the Saturns at some point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back