The House of Marley Rise Up Headphones / Headphones under $150
May 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bemap6181

New Head-Fier
[size=10.0pt]Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and also headphones so i don't really know a lot about headphones and the terminology. So i want to buy a set of headphones which is $150 or less. After going through many different threads, i've narrowed down to Ultrasone HFI-780 which i've heard that it's a very good one.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Then i saw the House of Marley Rise Up[/size], which look so cool and i love it the first second i saw it. I don't know about its sound quality because there aren't any detailed reviews out there to look at. All i saw were those who bought it said that its sound quality is very good. Has anyone tried it and give me some details about it please?

So i listen to any types of music, not jazz or classical, but mainly pop, dance, rap and trance (i love those with a bit strong, controlled bass). with $150, i think the Ultrasone HFI-780 would fit me well but i also want to consider the House of Marley Rise Up too. Any suggestions?

May 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #2 of 5
wat a beau... go snag a pair n report back!
popcorn.gif

May 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Hello.

I actually bought them months ago (the Carmel version) just for testing purposes (I actually liked and enjoy their Exodus On-Ear and I don't really like on-ears lol) and came up quite disappointed.

The build does not seem to be the best (Stiff headband, stiff sliders, etc.), the looks are Ok but the sound left a lot to be desired. I expected a better "Exodus" experience and although there's a bit of clarity up top, and good presence on the lows, sound as a whole was just too muddy for me (especially the mids). Only used it a couple of weeks and went back to their box. (I have it up for sale at a way cheaper price of course...)

Now, maybe it could be that I'm already used to "better" headphones, but being objective, similarly (or cheaper) priced headphones (which I also have listed) sound better to me (i.e. the Spider PowerForce On-ear and the M-Audio Q40s are just in another level sonically!).

Sorry if you had good expectations on these... :wink:

And to the OP, Welcome to head-fi!
(sorry about your wallet! :p)

May 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Thks for the opinion! well it's actually my friend who found it. i didn't have that much expectations for the Rise Up since there's not many people using it. So now i'm ordering the Ultrasone HFI-780 and hope it would a great one for me (lots of good review in this forum) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back