The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 15, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #947 of 6,853
So, including the leather case (which is the one I went for, since there was no mention of any plastic cases at the time) which tallies up to 3 cases. Dunno about anyone else but 3 seems a little unnecessary for cases. Can't they just replace the white case (since NOBODY seems to want them) for a short COAX cable for Mojo stacking in stead? Maybe it's just me but I feel (just) a little shafted now regarding cases for the R3.

Anybody else feel the same?

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #948 of 6,853
So, including the leather case (which is the one I went for, since there was no mention of any plastic cases at the time) which tallies up to 3 cases. Dunno about anyone else but 3 seems a little unnecessary for cases. Can't they just replace the white case (since NOBODY seems to want them) for a short COAX cable for Mojo stacking in stead? Maybe it's just me but I feel (just) a little shafted now regarding cases for the R3.

+1 on the short coax. Preferably the one Cayin offers, this thing is beautiful.

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #949 of 6,853

Agree on multiple cases... Don't see need for COAX cable myself. USB cables work find for DAC use (Either internal or external)..

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #951 of 6,853
Did they say anywhere that it was a silicone case? Cause I think it's a hard plastic one.
If your a backer you'll have had an email. If not what are you waiting for ?

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #952 of 6,853
Hiby's most recent comment says they're considering a short coax cable as a stretch goal. But that means roughly another 200 backers (assuming the next one's at $300k).
Cables are probably much more expensive than cases. I think the chance is slim.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #954 of 6,853
Yeah, I saw the email. That's why I was surprised when someone said it was a silicone case because there was no mention of that.
In responces to lots of request here another forums. We are free market research but with the benifit of rewards:L3000:

Apr 15, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #956 of 6,853

These are Cascade pics but they show the beauty of the Hiby screen.

Sorry about big pics....kinda not really

love the pics because it makes me want to listen to music I haven't listened to in a long time ie 'Toys in the attic'- brings back memories of a young teen in the 70's and listening to hard rock at the rollerskating rink like Aerosmith, Sweet, Bad Company, Deep Purple. etc etc If you remember the roller rinks you are ancient like me :wink:

Still think the 80's was the best decade for rock. Rush, Heart, VH, ACDC, Journey and on and on! That spaz kid is like me b4 my morning caffeine, need my caffeine to be somewhat coherent.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #957 of 6,853
Did they say anywhere that it was a silicone case? Cause I think it's a hard plastic one.
Oh well I misread the mail, yeah it is clear plastic.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #958 of 6,853

I have a suspicion they might've already made the white cases.
Personally would like podcast/audiobook resume/bookmarking support committment with a stretch goal - on the other hand if don't hit that goal they can point to it in future firmware updates and say "See! Nobody wants this stupid feature".

Though, it would be nice for once to get a device that included all of the adapters to take full advantage of its features.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #959 of 6,853

+1 for the short coax cable for Mojo
Even without any of the cases

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #960 of 6,853
Another vote for a short
+1 for the short coax cable for Mojo
Even without any of the cases
+1
Another vote for the short coax cable!
It can't be a coincidence that the R3 has almost exactly the same dimensions as the Mojo... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back