The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 8, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #5,641 of 6,853
I can't even see an official 3.3. firmware at HiBy's web pages :astonished:

Where did you find the original firmware?

A couple of weeks ago, there was a beta firmware version of 3.3 listed on this forum (it may still be here, I haven't checked).

With recent firmware updates, Snoopy112 has been kind enough to provide some improvements to the stock firmware (my favorites is removing the 20,000 song limitation to allowing up to 65,000 songs).

It's my impression that any complications are not Snoopy112's, fault. Instead, any problems are likely a result of the 3.3 stock beta firmware.

Jul 8, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #5,642 of 6,853
Are you guys getting the "3.3" firmware from a certain OneDrive share folder given out by us where it is named "3.x"? :hmm:

It is not ready for release yet

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 8, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #5,643 of 6,853
Are you guys getting the "3.3" firmware from a certain OneDrive

Nope, I got it direct from hiby server with ota links. Don’t know why fw update unavailable now via ota.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #5,644 of 6,853
A couple of weeks ago, there was a beta firmware version of 3.3 listed on this forum (it may still be here, I haven't checked).
LOL - yes, I posted it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (and only for others to test if the bluetooth problems are fixed - and not for "production" use!)

With recent firmware updates, Snoopy112 has been kind enough to provide some improvements to the stock firmware (my favorites is removing the 20,000 song limitation to allowing up to 65,000 songs).
Yes - of course I know and I add / change some other things for my personal use on top of Snoopy112's changes.

It's my impression that any complications are not Snoopy112's, fault. Instead, any problems are likely a result of the 3.3 stock beta firmware.
Of course their firmware bugs are not his fault :laughing: - but I assumed (and I was right) that Snoopy112 does not make his change effort for a beta version - he'll keep his time for final versions!
I just wondered where to find the original final 3.3 and I still wonder why it vanished now - I assume there must be some serious bugs in it... :hushed:

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #5,646 of 6,853
From the Hiby Facebook:

The new version, R3- V.3.3 International updating firmware has been released.

Changelogs:
Fixed the restart error while connecting with some Bluetooth devices.
* Some Bluetooth devices do not support LDAC or aptX protocol which may occur playback failure. In this case, please change the settings in Bluetooth -> Codec -> SBC.

Click here to do the upgrading.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYHrOHe3I_VgSDISPzRT5R1AQRQ?e=omvgig

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #5,650 of 6,853
For those using my HiBy R3 - Mojo stack 3D printed case, I have uploaded 2 new versions of the transport box design to accomodate USB-C to micro USB cables like the FIIO CL06 or the Shanling L2 cable.
I lost my Shanling cable and am now using the cheaper FIIO with very good results.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/mojo-hiby-transport-box

Can anyone tell me how to get the case apart once it's together? It works great, but I'd like to take the case apart without breaking it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #5,651 of 6,853
Already own the Fiio M11 and love it but its too heavy to travel.Amazon just informed me the Hiby R3 is going on sale for Prime day. No idea what price will be but my I was wondering if anyone has compared the sound signature of the R3 to the M11? Im thinking of getting an R3 and wondered how different it sounds to M11 and if I would be unhappy with the sound of a 3.5 wired connection after using 3.5 on the M11?

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #5,652 of 6,853
R3 is a great device. It has very clean silent background. Good detailed sound. Good interface. I had 0 issues w mine, works like a champ. As far as power, M11 will be more powerful. There might be a difference in sound because they use different DACs and apms. Bluetooth works good, and you can control it with your phone ( ).
other devices to consider are Shanling M0 and Fiio M5, both are tiny but capable players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back