1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379
Next

Last
  1. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Which digital output are you referring to--coax or usb?

2. jj69
    Now that you mention it, I only tried with the USB to coax adapter so far. Does it work via USB?

3. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    I'll have to check but the controls enabled / disabled does differ a bit between coax and usb if I recall correctly.

4. jj69
    I just tried connecting to my Audio gd DAC via USB and I had the same result. Balance is greyed out and nonworking.

It would be great to have a useable balance control in both USB and coax mode!

5. jj69
    Updated to 3.2 last night and now bluetooth connection no longer works at all.

All I get is: Playback failed Error -13

Is this a known issue?

6. mikp
    yes

7. jj69
    What's the solution? Rollback?

8. mikp
    yes, only option now.

9. dissembled
    A playlist option containing recently added tracks has finally been added in the new update. Yes, yes, YES!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  10. dissembled
    All that's missing now is the ability to search for specific songs in the playlist/favorites menus! Right now, searching for a specific song in those categories is almost impossible because neither are alphabetized and there's no search option (the alphabet list located on the right side) like the one found in the all songs menu.

Please make it happen!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  11. surfgeorge
    I use the R3 99% as digital source for the Mojo and the most important feature is unmanipulated, bit perfect output.
    So it’s imperative to have the option that the DSP can be bypassed.

Please consider that use case in any decision about future upgrade

12. Nolbert0
    Agreed. Option to bypass also means option to apply as well:wink:

13. Scarpad
    Updating the firmware that supposedly gives the option of recently added to the database I realized my one issue with the R3 and I’m sure it’s true with other similar players, in that if you add one album and you have a good size database you have to wait thru a total SD card scan

14. Squonk12
    Is this update not available via OTA yet? My R3 says it's current. ?

15. dissembled
    I updated the latest custom firmware via SD card, so I’m not certain myself.

One negative thing about the recently added playlist is that sometimes it loads up the songs so slowly. All I see is the rotating icon for about a minute (or slightly less), so I do wish this would be rectified with a future update.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379
Next

Last