1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368
370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378
Next

Last
  1. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    It turns out that our test target app for DLNA rendering sends an extra command for going to the next track, which our software has come to rely on but which does not exist on the apps you mentioned. We will update our DLNA renderer implementation for compatibility with these apps later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Did you try changing the volume using Bluetooth->Bluetooth volume adjust?

SteveOliver likes this.
  2. moorashj
    Joe,
    In regards to the airpods issue with volume. Yesterday I hooked up another pair of Bluetooth headphones and was able to use the Bluetooth volume adjust and it raised the volume. When I hooked the airpods today, the volume was back to being quite a bit lower. It does not appear as though the airpods like the Bluetooth volume up or down.

3. mikeana
    I am torn between the (R3 as transport into the Micro Black) and a DAP like the R6 or R6 Pro. Does any one know if the Micro Black definately is a better solution as far as EQ is concerned?
    Both setups are around the same price.

4. mikp
    still liking this player, think I was kickstarter under 20 or something.

But would wish a smaller font\text. to cram in more info
    Also hoping for aac support.

If theres a follow up in the same form factor, another wish would be stronger bt signal (bt 5)

5. mentega

Thank you Joe

6. Squonk12
    Thought I would hop back in here and say I'm still enjoying the hell out of this little player. :thumbsup:

7. mattg3
    Is it true that the R3 does not play AAC files?

8. HungryPanda
    It is listed in its file format on the hiby site

Lossless Format Support

DSD:DSD64/128/256(".dsf", ".dff")
    DSD:DSD64(“.iso”)
    APE FAST/High/Normal:192kHz/24bit(MAX)
    APE Extra High:96kHz/24bit(MAX)
    APE Insane:96kHz/24bit(MAX)
    AIFF:384kHz/32bit(MAX)
    FLAC:384kHz/24bit(MAX)
    WAV:384kHz/32bit(MAX)
    WMA LOSSLESS:96kHz/24bit(MAX)

Lossy Format Support

MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG...

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  9. poprivet
    Been playing them on mine, mostly lengthy radio programmes I've downloaded that were broadcast in AAC. I do find it doesn't seem to always start straight off, or maybe it's just a delay in starting due to the length of the files? Often end up pressing play a few times - guess I need to just do it once & be patient & see what happens...

10. Mouseman
    It plays them for me without any issues. I've transcoded most of my FLACs to Apple lossless.

mattg3 likes this.
  11. LordBorg
    I've had the same problem several times. If you disable "in-line mic" it will solve this, but then you'll lose the ability to pause/skip using your cable.

12. justnmi
    I thought I'd post about my r3 experience, so far I really am enjoying this DAP. Ever since the iPod Classic was discontinued I have been searching for a replacement (albeit, my searching was not too consistent). I was trying to decide between the Fiio M6 and the R3, leaning toward the R3. It was the Easter sale that tipped me over the edge and made me take the plunge with the R3.

I am just using some basic Shure se215 IEMs, but I sure do love the sound of the R3. I loaded it up with @Snoopy112's custom firmware and its even better than before! Thanks for taking the time to modify the firmware @Snoopy112. The screen is beautiful (not iPhone retina quality, but very very good for a DAP), the navigation is easy to figure out, and I love having hardware buttons for volume, play/pause, and skip (although as mentioned earlier in the thread, skip forward and skip back are reversed from what I'd expect them to be).

One issue I have with the R3, is the way it handles albums with multiple artists. For example, I have the album Last Night at Output on my R3. If I navigate to the Albums and then to Last Night at Output and select the album, all of the songs in the album are out of order. Not sure how to fix that aside from maybe tagging the album artist as the artist for each song... Any suggestions? My workaround was creating a playlist for the album (which took some figuring out).

Snoopy112 likes this.
  13. weexisttocease
    MQA only works with Tidal or it does rendering with Hiby Player too?

Hiby just mentioned on Facebook they have shown a new player at Beijing HiFi show. R3 Pro coming?

14. Snoopy112
    Nope, Hiby R5

15. weexisttocease
    Any info about specs and ETA? Probably will be another Kickstarter campaign.

First

Back
359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368
370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378
Next

Last