1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369
Next

Last
  1. Vimtoman
    @Joe Bloggs Thanks for sorting that out. It now goes to an acceptable place when swiping back.

Joe Bloggs likes this.
  2. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Thanks be to our programmers :)

Vimtoman likes this.
  3. Blazer39
    everyone has R3 says its warm DAP, but my R3 sound bright as ****!!
    sure im using mostly bright earphones...but still..

i think i got bad batch from kickstarter, wounder if hiby will accept return or fix after all this time.. :frowning2:

4. Luhar
    Worst OTA speeds I have ever witnessed. Is there a download link to the new firmware?

5. Vimtoman
    It can be slow but will eventually load. If not try again.

6. HungryPanda
    I got the update pretty fast

7. Luhar
    I let it run - updated ! :)

8. yurt28
    Hows the new update sound anything like wm1811 yet? Lol

9. Mouseman
    Every other time, the update has crawled. This time, they must have upgraded the servers - super fast for me! Now to wait for the customized version.

yurt28 likes this.
  10. dissembled
    Compared to my Shanling M5s, I swear the R3 gives the Mezes more of an added treble boost it needs.
    Overall, the R3 and the Meze Classics make for a splendid combination. :o2smile:

A6500666.JPG

A6500673.JPG

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    HungryPanda and capnjack like this.
  11. yurt28
    Nope Wolfson is the only one with Modulation filtering that warms up, no clue why Ess or any of the others even progressed on portable daps that cannot move sound in under 3 years hahaha

12. HPBotha
    I bought my R3 while in China - works a treat --- except when using as a DAC to my Mac i get klicks --- is there something i am missing in settings? it is as if in DAC mode to little data is buffered. no such issues when playing from the SD card, or streaming from tidal. @Joe Bloggs any ideas?

13. cocolinho
    What IEM do you use?
    because I have doubts about output impedance of the R3 not being what Hiby stated but much higher. I asked many times the question, never answered... I was using Andromeda and the synergy was bad,kind of sound you have from high impedance device...

14. Franklin
    I'm experiencing exactly the same with Andromeda. No way R3 have 1 ohm (if i'm not wrong, it's what hiby stated) on HO Single Ended, balanced is even worse (for Adromeda's). I mainly use R3 as transport for Mojo, but at least the times I used it as DAP i really don't think it's warm sounding, based on my references and current IEMs (see my signature plus Q5, that i have no more), R3 is balanced with a little tendencies to bright, almost mild V depending of IEMs (Oriolus for example, becomes a little more bassy and bright, more towards V compared with Mojo). Andromeda's is a complete different IEM, the most source/eartip dependent of my IEMs by far.

15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Having personally electrically tested the output impedance of the R3 I have no reason to doubt HiBy's assertion that it is somewhere under 1 ohm. It is certainly nowhere near the 10 of the R6.

Franklin likes this.
First

Back
349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358
360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369
Next

Last