The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #5,281 of 6,853
I've been using the same combo and love it.
Yes it's definitely WOW! Well recorded albums on Tidal mqa Now sound spectacular esp classic like Bach Trio but even Robert Plant Stealing Fire album is much improved! I'm wondering how much better the R6 and R6pro would be? But the R3 Zenith With MQA Albums is a magical combo for something this small!

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #5,282 of 6,853
Some of those, especially #1 should be done by HiBy!!
@Joe Bloggs - can you implement at least some of those things so that @Snoopy112 won't have to redo it every single time? :wink: But seriously, at least fix the translation!

I've pointed out @Snoopy112 's efforts to HiBy for reference...
ts.png

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 3, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #5,283 of 6,853
Mar 4, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #5,284 of 6,853
@Joe Bloggs
Could you also ask HiBy about a real QWERTY keyboard? That old "smartphone-keyboard" is a real PITA.
Having a full keyboard would greatly boost the usability of the Tidal implementation.

Thanks for continuing to support the community! :beerchug::thumbsup:

Mar 4, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #5,285 of 6,853
Don't recall if this has been mentioned before...tonight I was using the wireless upload capability to put an album by the band O$VMV$M on my R3. Within my Music folder created one called O$VMV$M, & another called O$VMV$M (2018) under that, but when I uploaded the files they just disappeared off the screen. Checking the R3 after, no sign of the tracks. Assume the $ causes the problem. Connected by USB & copied the files on no problem.

Mar 5, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #5,286 of 6,853
Also, anyone seeing the Bluetooth details screen (the bit that starts with 'Device name', 'Quality'... etc) not appearing as consistently as it used to? Always used to appear regardless of the status of any Bluetooth activity, find now that if my Bluetooth earbuds switch off & I reactivate them, & go back to the Hiby Bluetooth settings I just see the slider, no details below it. Having to turn my R3 off to get them back. Only just noticing this, so might need to see if there's a pattern to the behaviour or if it's just some temporary weirdness...

Mar 5, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #5,287 of 6,853
20190305_232022.jpg
Suprisingly decent pairing, I find the R3 to be neutral and the bass quality is a little bit lack to me with the Solaris. Other then that not to bad for a budget DAP, also no hiss.

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #5,289 of 6,853
Anyone else getting error code 400 when trying to play either Tidal or Qobuz? Tidal was working before the latest update. Now Qobuz and Tidal just show the same error msg. Any ideas? I've factory reset both, logged out and back in to both.
Yes

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #5,290 of 6,853
Anyone else getting error code 400 when trying to play either Tidal or Qobuz? Tidal was working before the latest update. Now Qobuz and Tidal just show the same error msg. Any ideas? I've factory reset both, logged out and back in to both.
Im intermittently getting that error and it seems due to internet data flow not being sufficient. connected new modem and its happening less frequently, but still happens occasionally.
Tidal will work fine then give me that error for 3-10 minutes and then start streaming again. wierd and inconvenient and disruptive.

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #5,291 of 6,853
If you connect the R3 as usb dac to a computer that is running tidal desktop with first mqa unfold, will R3 be able to do the second mqa unfold?

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #5,292 of 6,853
Was hoping the new firmware would fix my lyrics situation, or is it just me being dumb and can't figured out how to do it properly. Did anybody else can get their's to display the embedded lyrics? I don't mean the karaoke style lrc file, just a normal static one. Tried several methods of embedding the lyrics but nothing worked so far. Had already emailed Hiby support a few weeks back with a sample mp3 file and received a reply that they will look at the problem. Currently using Snoopy's custom 3.0 FW.

Mar 6, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #5,293 of 6,853
Was hoping the new firmware would fix my lyrics situation, or is it just me being dumb and can't figured out how to do it properly. Did anybody else can get their's to display the embedded lyrics? I don't mean the karaoke style lrc file, just a normal static one. Tried several methods of embedding the lyrics but nothing worked so far. Had already emailed Hiby support a few weeks back with a sample mp3 file and received a reply that they will look at the problem. Currently using Snoopy's custom 3.0 FW.

I don't believe the Hiby firmware parses embedded lyrics. So far as I can tell, only time-stamped LRC files with the same filename as the song work.

Mar 6, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #5,294 of 6,853
I just successfully upgraded to 3.0
And with the IMR Zenith the sound is spectacular. The MQA unfolding overrules the special tuning EQ sliders built into the R3 however On Tidal but hardly any EQ needed Anyway.

I’m running 3.0 with IMR R1 Zeniths too and I have to agree they do pair really,really nicely. Now that I’ve settled on the right nozzle and ear tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back