1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362
Next

Last
  1. crazyeyes
    I'm not sure either. I had some issues with Tidal that signing in and out fixed. I still have an issue where I have a playlist on my phone and on the windows app that has more songs in it than shows on the R3. I have signed in and out and still won't show. It has a lot of songs in it about 150-160. I created a second playlist with some of the songs making the first playlist 107 or so songs now. The second playlist shows in my playlists on the R3 but the first one still only shows the original songs. Not sure if there is a limit to the amount of songs the R3 will show in a playlist?

2. yurt28
    Does it sound Mythological now or just flat?

drbluenewmexico likes this.
  3. drbluenewmexico
    where can i find that 3.01 R3 update? i went to the hiby store customer support and it wasnt listed there!

4. harpo1
    It's OTA.

5. crazyeyes
    I think mine was 3.0 not 3.1

6. HungryPanda
    I just updated and it is 3.0

7. Double C
    Same here!

8. harpo1
    It just amazes me how these DAP manufactures don't test new features before releasing them. FiiO does the same thing.

9. MVVp
    Has anybody managed to test the ebook function or find any info on the requirements/format etc.?
    I found the new "book" folder, uploaded an .epub file there but it is not recognized.
    I don't think it will be fun reading an ebook on such a tiny screen, but if it's there, I'd like to see how it works.

10. ranwill
    The only format that worked for me was .txt
    I think I could use this feature It certainly isn't ideal but it would work for short periods of time like a car ride or bus commute.

11. MVVp
    @ranwill
    Thanks, my R3 does indeed find an error text when I use Scan. Guess I'll have to convert a book to txt.

12. Snoopy112
    Firmware 3.0 (Custom with Qobuz and eBooks):

3.0 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
    3.0 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

Changes regarding the stock version:
    1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
    2. replaced the font with a new one from XVortex,
    3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme from Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
    4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
    5. added a stepcounter to the side menu,
    6. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
    7. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), plus changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
    8. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
    9. all binary files have been striped,
    10. optimized all *png files,
    11. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
    12. extended database limit to 65000.

Books should be saved in /book directory in the root of SD card in *.txt format only.

P.S. latest update 10.03.19

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  13. Zachik
    Some of those, especially #1 should be done by HiBy!!
    @Joe Bloggs - can you implement at least some of those things so that @Snoopy112 won't have to redo it every single time? :wink: But seriously, at least fix the translation!

14. drbluenewmexico
    I just successfully upgraded to 3.0
    And with the IMR Zenith the sound is spectacular. The MQA unfolding overrules the special tuning EQ sliders built into the R3 however On Tidal but hardly any EQ needed Anyway.

capnjack and harpo1 like this.
  15. harpo1
    I've been using the same combo and love it.

First

Back
342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351
353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362
Next

Last