The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #5,176 of 6,857
Thank you so much! Your FW works really nice so far. The added radio option is a nice touch. :thumbsup::beerchug:

Maybe add Chromecast support? :wink:

You’re welcome! :wink: It’s not in my power, I’m afraid(

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #5,177 of 6,857
i just bought a R3, and I just updated the firmware to the latest version: 2.1.

The side buttons (that are responsible for skipping tracks) appear to be reversed (i.e., the bottom, side button skips tracks forward; the top, side button skips tracks backward)

Is this a firmware bug? Or did I receive a mechanically faulty unit?

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #5,178 of 6,857

The side buttons (that are responsible for skipping tracks) appear to be reversed (i.e., the bottom, side button skips tracks forward; the top, side button skips tracks backward)

It isn’t a bug. I think the reasoning is sorta “move up or down a list”

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #5,179 of 6,857
It isn’t a bug. I think the reasoning is sorta “move up or down a list”

Thank you for your quick reply. Then it seems illogical to me, given that all of the players that i have used before should not be like that.

Not to mention, the top volume button (on the other side of the R3 player) increases volume, whereas the top track skipping button skips the track backwards.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #5,180 of 6,857
Thank you for your quick reply. Then it seems illogical to me, given that all of the players that i have used before should not be like that.

Not to mention, the top volume button (on the other side of the R3 player) increases volume, whereas the top track skipping button skips the track backwards.
FiiO does the same thing.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #5,182 of 6,857
I had been considering printing one of the R3 Mojo cases, but I’m finding that attaching them with dual lock 3M strips works pretty well. I may yet get a mojo case to protect it, and apply the strip to the back of the case. But this is much less intrusive to the UI than the rubber bands
12DC1E1A-4336-41A5-BB3D-662BEF90E10E.jpeg

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #5,183 of 6,857
Is there any way you could add an option to flip the FF/REW side buttons?

I can’t add an option, it’s better to ask hiby to do this in Facebook. Theoretically, if you know the codes of these buttons, I can try to change them in binary, but it will take a lot of time...

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #5,184 of 6,857

It seems to be the norm for Chinese DAPs - they don't think in terms of moving forward=right, but that moving down the list=down. It's as if the user interface of every record player and tape deck and older MP3 player was ignored for a new paradigm.

Feb 15, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #5,185 of 6,857
It seems to be the norm for Chinese DAPs - they don't think in terms of moving forward=right, but that moving down the list=down. It's as if the user interface of every record player and tape deck and older MP3 player was ignored for a new paradigm.

Maybe it stems from traditionally Chinese text was read in vertical columns top to bottom and right to left.

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #5,186 of 6,857
Changes regarding the stock version:
1. corrected translation (Russian and English (I did what I could)),
2. replaced the font with a new one from XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme from Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy topic),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added a stepcounter to the side menu,
6. added adb (it's really useful and working properly),
7. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), plus changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
8. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in radio stations with my own (40 stations), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
9. all binary files have been striped,
10. optimized all *png files,
11. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
12. extend database limit to 40000.

The limit I've found in hiby_player binary of course with Hex editor: 20 4E (4E 20 = 20000 in dec.), so I changed it to 40 9C (9C 40 = 40000 in dec.). You really need to know this?

Hi Snoopy112!

Thank you your work,can modify file limit to 45000 Track?I use 400GB SD card,and have 43000 MP3 file.

Thanks.

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #5,187 of 6,857
Thank you your work,can modify file limit to 45000 Track?I

I've just updated limit to 65000 and it's near max, folks. Same links on previous page, hope it works, I have only 128Gb card.

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #5,188 of 6,857
For anyone using mconnect can you tell me how to get it to play more than one song? I've tried playing albums, playlist and adding stuff to the queue but it will only play one song and stop. I can hit the next track and it will play but won't go through an album on its own. I using the lite version if that makes a difference.

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #5,189 of 6,857
For anyone using mconnect can you tell me how to get it to play more than one song? I've tried playing albums, playlist and adding stuff to the queue but it will only play one song and stop. I can hit the next track and it will play but won't go through an album on its own. I using the lite version if that makes a difference.

I had the same problem. I found out that if i click play on the album cover, rather than on the first song of the list, it plays the whole album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back