The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 7, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #5,011 of 6,857
You have no issues with your R3??

Actually I do have an issue when using hiby r3 as transport for mojo. I'm using latest firmware and original hiby USB-COAX cable and it does drop quality of music a lot when I'm playing DSD. Mojo led is red - means signal is 44kHz and it sound is crappy.
That happens with all my DSD records. Even when I select play Native DSD. I could not get played WavPack (192/32bit) files at all. Seems that it is good for FLAC though.

Also it is pretty small and play\pause and next track button is not separated, hard to manage it blindly always skip track instead of pause. But overall build quality and software looks good for the price.

Anyway I already ordered ibasso dx200, will see how it will play.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #5,012 of 6,857
FIRMWARE UPDATE IS HERE
v2.1

From Facebook:

Changelog:
- Supported receiving online cover and lyric from HiBy Music App via HiByLink (requires to update HiBy Music App).
- Fixed the pause problem when playing MQA files with enabling the crossfade function.
- Optimized the trigger area of the pull-down menu on top of the interface; fixed the problem of touch jitter to cause pop-up menu.
- Supported returning the playlist before power-off with enabling "Resume play from last" function.
- Fixed the probable failure of cover display under the current playlist and album list.

Available via OTA or here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gE...UeOikbhE9NVqEYE4JNjO-PReaMQYW4J11QYvv7ZF9KRd4

Edit: Another change is the UI now displays 5 elements at a time, instead of 4 while browsing. I actually messaged their Facebook page about this and they actually came through which is really nice. Though I feel like this could be a user controlled setting as it makes the album art quite small.

I also messaged them about an alphabet scroller in the Files Browser but that isn't here.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #5,014 of 6,857
Anyone had trouble getting the R3 to change to a custom theme? I know I have the folder I've made in the correct place, and it's correctly named. But the R3 still sees no files in my theme folder. I tried after upgrading to the latest firmware just a bit ago; seems it still doesn't work.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #5,015 of 6,857
No problem at all with latest (this morning) firmware. Folder called theme, theme file in there, System settings -> UI Theme -> Use custom theme shows me the name of the theme, then just select it & it drops into the new theme

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #5,021 of 6,857
It should be a zipped archive with proper header (txt file), not just a folder.
Seriously? So I actually need to create a zip file containing the custom theme file and add the unzipped file to the R3 root index?

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #5,023 of 6,857
I just updated to firmware version 2.1 and now all of my album art is messed up. It shows the same album cover for every album and track. I tried a factory reset but am now stuck on firmware v2.1. Not sure if they changed something in the folder structure, but not a pleasant way to start the day. I uploaded a lot of my FLAC files using Hiby's Import Music via Wi-Fi and was really impressed at how quick it was. All of my Album art loaded perfectly. I am going to have to contact Hiby Service and see if they can help me fix this issue. 20190108_122542.jpg

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #5,024 of 6,857
What theme are you trying to load? If it's Steven Van Geert's Hexagon theme, then that is a zipped file already, & you just need to place it in the folder, no zipping or unzipping required.

It is his file, but it's still not working for some reason. I've asked over on the Hiby User Support page on Facebook and haven't been able to get an answer there about what the issue is, either.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #5,025 of 6,857
I just updated to firmware version 2.1 and now all of my album art is messed up. It shows the same album cover for every album and track. I tried a factory reset but am now stuck on firmware v2.1. Not sure if they changed something in the folder structure, but not a pleasant way to start the day. I uploaded a lot of my FLAC files using Hiby's Import Music via Wi-Fi and was really impressed at how quick it was. All of my Album art loaded perfectly. I am going to have to contact Hiby Service and see if they can help me fix this issue.
I figured out the issue and it's now resolved. I went to my SD card folder and noticed I had copied a single jpg file of that album cover in the directory. I deleted the file and when I unplugged my R3 from the USB cable all of my album art covers reappeared correctly. That one jpg file must have confused the Hiby App and caused it to overide all of the other album covers that are part of each FLAC file. So glad this is resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back