The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 2, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #4,636 of 6,858
Hey mates,

does someone else have these Track sorting issues?

Stepping in from the Artist view, selecting an Album of an Artist, the Tracks sort very stupid.
it sets 10, 11, 12 after 1.

So as an example:
In View Artist -> Album sorting is:

Track 1
Track 10
Track 11
Track 12
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
Track 5
Track 6
Track 7
Track 8
Track 9

that makes using the artist and album views unusable for me..
I always have to use files view or create a separate playlist for each album

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #4,639 of 6,858
Joe Bloggs was the only HiBy person that cared about us, the customers...
Huge loss for us when he left HiBy :frowning2:

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #4,640 of 6,858
Joe Bloggs was the only HiBy person that cared about us, the customers...
Huge loss for us when he left HiBy :frowning2:

I'll give them a month or three to see if their products are "abandonware".
They would be really stupid if they don't bring out more firmware updates with fixes.
If they plan to make more products many people might stay away based on the bad service experience.
I know I would.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #4,643 of 6,858
They do have an English-speaking rep. I see maybe two of them in the R6 thread.

Higher spending customer?
More programmers on Android platform?
I bought it on kickstarter.
Nice player but wifi distance pretty poor.

I had a great banter with the last rep on here about the R3 and thought great .
Should have known it was not going to happen.
I only asked for one GUI change and that was trivial.
All other players do it expect Hiby's.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #4,645 of 6,858
They pushed out an update recently that supposedly fixed the TIDAL not playing issues many had at long last. I thought that was a pretty big deal. Did it work?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 4, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #4,646 of 6,858
They pushed out an update recently that supposedly fixed the TIDAL not playing issues many had at long last. I thought that was a pretty big deal. Did it work?
Yes this update finally resolved all tidal issue. Still few people facing new error codes. But here is a solution, remove the SD card and the open it using a sd card reader , delete the tidal folder inside the sd card , insert again in R3 and rescan it . If prompted re login in Tidal. This will fix all errors.

Nov 4, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #4,647 of 6,858
I have already introduced my 3D printed case for the Mojo-HiBy R3 combo, and I have been enjoying this little magic sound brick a lot!

But for taking it with me I had to wrap it in a towel and put it in a bag for protection, so I went back to the drawing board and came up with a transport box that keeps the Mojoand R3 perfectly safe. And here is the first functional sample!
72054AEF-90A2-4A2C-99C7-834C43445A80.jpeg
4D33D6D1-6EFF-47FF-96C0-50C6732B7704.jpeg 16A7D4D0-A9D3-4B8D-9F68-F966A3E6D389.jpeg 1B07E835-4212-4227-870D-8F364484D756.jpeg 5AD411CA-F210-4F6B-8CA1-6FB670547043.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #4,649 of 6,858
i was wondering which is the bet connection method to use it as transport with my Idsd bl.
usb c to coax or usb c to female usb?

Connecting the R3 as transport to the Chord Mojo there's the following difference:

With the Hiby USB-C to Coax, the volume control and the equalizer is changing the digital signal to the DAC.
With the Shanling USB-C to micro-USB, the equalizer changes the signal (when active) but the volume control on the R3 has no influence.

Initially I got the impression that the sound was cleaner through the Shanling cable, but after some SW update on the R3 I tried to verify this and could not hear a difference any more.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #4,650 of 6,858
I think it is great that @HiByMusic have addressed a number of issues (LDAC & Tidal) in the last couple of firmware updates and up until now the help from @Joe Bloggs has been appreciated. I thought I would go back and find the original list (I think it was by @Vimtoman) and post it again below with a couple of notes and hopefully @fanoble can take a look at this and see if some of these items can be worked on by the development team at HiBy...

1. Option to turn off top and bottom swipe features (the new theme turns off the top but not the bottom)
2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown, swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list
4. LDAC (now working)
5. Fix character formatting etc created with external playlist
6. Upload folder on wifi
7. Quick search in playlist. General search function?
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. Normal keyboard if possible. I used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1x display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres") I keep having difficulties touching those menu items
12. Add a "neutral" digital signal processing option
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual
16. Mini samba server if possible
17. Back button hard to activate. Interfered with by drop down. See #1…
18. Embedded Lyrics to show. Info on how?
19. Odd stuttering when track list moved
20. Option to flip FWD REV buttons
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control volume which really is too much. Buttons, GUI and swipe up
22. Sort out Hiby link crashing
23. A quick toggle to enable and disable MSEB, or an option added to the context menu on the now playing screen (there is already one for the normal equaliser)
24. A 'View Artist' option in the context menu on the now playing screen
25. The ability to start a radio station from an artist or track in Tidal, like is available on the platform natively
25. Audio book podcast facility
26. Shuffle mode to have resume track position
27. Option to have auto start track on power-up
28. Timer setting saved
29. Hiby Link on Android will only load 30 playlist from the R3 with no way to force a refresh/reload
30. Hiby Link on iOS cover art is pixelated
31. “Play Next” and “Add to Queue” feature (really want/need this feature!)
32. Option to have a "bit perfect" signal when using an external DAC/amp via USB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back