The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 17, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #3,706 of 6,859
Make sure you have HiBy link unchecked on your R3. The iPhone will then stream anything to it. You should see the R3 screen completely covered with a big Bluetooth graphic.
Another streaming option for the iPhone is Airplay over WiFi :) With the R3 and iPhone on the same network, you can toggle on Airplay in R3 wireless options and select the R3 to Airplay to on the iPhone.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 17, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #3,708 of 6,859
Unless I'm *very* mistaken, it will work for receiving audio from the smartphone as well :ksc75smile:
Oh, that's really cool. I've noticed my Note 8 has an LDAC option. :metal:

JBSbKMMrb44bO8KkK8A5gwbKjR0iN6oJrBbWr-QVEx6cZ7COD1MU6dsVPJhfRwrxpl3k7Z9RlwwsPRvT0s8CeQemG0IEwe4TgUuwtxvcA5DqA0hD71JWyIOBAmAa8HgKtri5u5pgCd4oGQFGlg9BhHVddjGjUXhg0pO-71brS9ktqrNtDcnt2n0wdt7m2l2lPfpKFpIkkHcmbhidvxIWzXIvqe6eZuqGkLm43T9v_qRZcjNT3_I9HKaRhIwGOsHoFbgl_wHBO_6N-rciR6WmyZbLjQCIhsX5ad3pBCawXbnr5BRPYJchrOQkdzo8cTgumfZVkQK5O0n4aTEyaQhTkTpinlsGQtHH_2bW3Wci0P8L59QQ1-i3BxyLKwrK5v9b-ZUxyWs8mm-P7c4z5wOGeJBsVM4Bl7H5FX0uaqsycy90kRV96MhIu1vOQicTjQ_U37MH1meYKo_4jpaq_gJjmA8ulwGFPzYWBCZq9g3EIDAP-Qumtzv_RxgG-qFFSGrrMqta5zoGWAC8TgdT3MfxpbbjArGCnoGpuPbxLxqd-NScs7UcAzxXKpk9vkwmbr1lREQpuZRQmwvpnaogZyYDVYbiMdaCZ_sTnoPby9A=w179-h234-no

dancingbanana.gif

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,709 of 6,859
In other news, we have had two generous contributors sending us sample albums with the sort order bug and their TIDAL account for an account where "Playback fail" appears for every track. With these bugs being examined closely in-house we hope to squash them in short order. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #3,712 of 6,859
It'd be quite sad if tidal doesn't make it. Streaming is so convenient. Though i don't particularly use it on my r3, since i'm tired of multiple error messages that sometimes appear randomly.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #3,715 of 6,859
I got bluetooth streaming to work from my iPhone to the R3. I needed to turn Hiby Link OFF on the R3. After that, streaming works great!
I couldn't get it working and didn't know HiBy Link needed to be turned off for it to work, so thanks for the heads up on that. I'll mostly be using this feature to listen to podcasts streaming off my phone through the R3, since I hate using the dongle with my Pixel 2XL. If HiBy are able to provide an update where the R3 can be used as an LDAC receiver like the Shanling M0, then I'll be using this feature to stream Spotify as well. SBC just doesn't cut it for music, but podcasts are fine.

Overall, I'm very happy with the R3 now that the shuffling bug has been fixed. For the $230AUD I paid for it through the Kickstarter campaign, there's absolutely nothing else on the market that can compete with it (at least with Australian pricing).

Jul 18, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #3,718 of 6,859
LDAC is being tested in beta firmware in China and will be announced soon, as soon as some last bugs are squished. We got the LDAC certificate from Sony at the end of last month so are finally free to talk about it, thank god. On the other hand we are a bit miffed that a *certain* competitor has been advertising and giving off LDAC capability in public despite showing off a certificate from Sony last month that is dated only a few days earlier than the one we got last month (something else they're not supposed to do, as the certificate has "confidential" stamped right on it...)

Unless I'm *very* mistaken, it will work for receiving audio from the smartphone as well :ksc75smile:
This is great news! Will work with my S8 and Sony wireless headphone.

Jul 18, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #3,719 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs
Any updates on the past update about the 2 music streaming companies that is close to coming in to Hiby R3?

Jul 18, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #3,720 of 6,859
LDAC is being tested in beta firmware in China and will be announced soon, as soon as some last bugs are squished. We got the LDAC certificate from Sony at the end of last month so are finally free to talk about it, thank god. On the other hand we are a bit miffed that a *certain* competitor has been advertising and giving off LDAC capability in public despite showing off a certificate from Sony last month that is dated only a few days earlier than the one we got last month (something else they're not supposed to do, as the certificate has "confidential" stamped right on it...)

ahh, good news.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back