The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 14, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #3,631 of 6,857
Does that mean "shuffle all" is working as well?
crossed-fingers-light-skin-tone

Looks like it since i could broswe all songs. Also tried shuffle and 20 songs worked fine, before it started to hang quickly after 3-4 songs.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #3,633 of 6,857
They need to up their game on firmware updates. Like post all firmware revisions on the web site. Right now the current link is broken.

Well they need to up their game on multiple fronts.....

I am not normally this much of a PITA but the lack of any kind of check in by Hiby is making me grumpy.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #3,639 of 6,857
ok, since the all songs scroll and shuffle seems better in the last firmware, can post something not so negative.

also wish I could buy another tempered glass screen

@Hiby hint top right

IMG_20180713_112247.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #3,640 of 6,857
So far for my own personal use & as to why I backed it I’m enjoying aside from sw issues that’ll likely addressed come next fw update etc.

Yes Spotify, PLEX etc would be really really nice & hopefully we’ll get those streaming services etc.

But with my:) I’m enjoying the sound, no problems with wifi connectivity @ home or cafe.

As with all else ymmv & until all R3’s are received & experience reported on after a few days/week or two it seems there’s no way to absolutely infer 100% conclusively one way or the other only by what’s been posted which isn’t a very large sample.

Hopefully all others will receive theirs sooner than later & have few issues & can enjoy theirs.

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #3,641 of 6,857
I took my R3 to the Berkshires this past week and came home to find the balanced cables for my Creative Aurvanas had arrived. Wow! I'm very pleased with the sound. Wifi is working OK, AND Bluetooth too. So I'm very happy.

That being said, I haven't tried DAC mode and may not try it. I don't use Tidal and not even sure what Hibylink is. I have hi-res files and 44/16 ripped files on a 2000GB card.

I tend to use IEMs with this player and over-ear planars with the R6 through a DAC and various amplifiers.

Long story short, I'm happy.

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #3,642 of 6,857
Yes, but how many files are on the drive and are you using "shuffle all" mode? If so, there is a bug where libraries over say 7200-7300 files will not shuffle properly and certain files with "special" character will repeat over and over. There has yet to be any response by Hiby on this forum about this issue as well.
Can you tell me more about your flash drive and how it connects to your R3? Does it just plug in directly to your USB C? Does it have to be powered externally?

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #3,643 of 6,857
Bump, anyone has any updates on how to get lyrics working? I used embedded and lrc too without effect.
I have tried with only modest success to get lyrics to download over Wifi. Usually I get lyrics for the wrong song.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3,644 of 6,857
Boy, I'm really digging the R3. Very nice indeed. Using as transport with my iFi iDSD Micro BL. After 9 hours of continuous use, battery is at 75%. lol Cool! My BL, on the other hand, poops out at around 7 hours.
Anyway, I thought I would ask: What do you guys use to embed album art? I have never had success with ANY phone or DAP using dBpoweramp. Thought the files might be too large so downsized one to 400 x 400 to test and no go. Oh well. What do you guys use for your album art? (dBpoweramp works just fine on nVidia Shield)
I rip all my files with dbpoweramp and my album art comes through with no problem, if a little slow to load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back