The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #3,362 of 6,858
I don't have the problems mentioned above with gapless play (works fine as far as I have noticed, including some songs ending abruptly and the next one starting immediately) or with shuffle. Maybe the format plays a role. I only have flac files and have converted everything with dBPoweramp and used MP3Tag for uniform tags.

Just a few minor things in the interface, like the overlay popping up from the bottom when I want to scroll a list upward (I guess I will just have to get used to that) and the alphabetic list on the right, which is hard to activate with normal fingers.

Also, I would like an option to make the Sleep Timer setting stick, as I mostly listen to music to fall asleep. Now I have to go through the menus every night.
(The R3 with Seeds iem is perfect for this use, as the pods fit nicely in my ears so I can even sleep sideways.)

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #3,364 of 6,858
I don't have the problems mentioned above with gapless play (works fine as far as I have noticed, including some songs ending abruptly and the next one starting immediately) or with shuffle. Maybe the format plays a role. I only have flac files and have converted everything with dBPoweramp and used MP3Tag for uniform tags.

Just a few minor things in the interface, like the overlay popping up from the bottom when I want to scroll a list upward (I guess I will just have to get used to that) and the alphabetic list on the right, which is hard to activate with normal fingers.

Also, I would like an option to make the Sleep Timer setting stick, as I mostly listen to music to fall asleep. Now I have to go through the menus every night.
(The R3 with Seeds iem is perfect for this use, as the pods fit nicely in my ears so I can even sleep sideways.)

So you dont have all songs-shuffle problem with files starting with øåæ`[ or numbers in the tag?

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #3,366 of 6,858
So you dont have all songs-shuffle problem with files starting with øåæ`[ or numbers in the tag?
I don't have those sort of filenames, but I think I read that even after changing those filenames the shuffle problem did not disappear. Maybe using the MP3tag tag to filename solution Joe offered, and which I used to prepare my SD card for the R3, prevented that.

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #3,367 of 6,858

FLACs for me too though. Either ripped via EAC, or WAVs out of CoolEdit Pro encoded by FlacFrontend. Tagging by Tag&Rename. Maybe I need to try dBPoweramp, which I do have installed, but never use for Flac encoding.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #3,368 of 6,858
Wow.. looks like match made in heaven..lol! Yeah i noticed that too.. looks like poor shielding on the R3.

While I've found many issues with the R3, the interference is not one. It is an issue with the Mojo - I've had the same thing happen using multiple iPhones with he Mojo. If you venture over to the Mojo thread you'll see it is a persistent issue. Turing the Hiby wifi off will resolve the interference.

Jul 6, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #3,370 of 6,858
While I've found many issues with the R3, the interference is not one. It is an issue with the Mojo - I've had the same thing happen using multiple iPhones with he Mojo. If you venture over to the Mojo thread you'll see it is a persistent issue. Turing the Hiby wifi off will resolve the interference.
Unfortunately im using it more for Tidal.. but its fine with me. Im not using mojo. It happens when its near/on a phone.. or laptop.

Jul 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,371 of 6,858
Unfortunately im using it more for Tidal.. but its fine with me. Im not using mojo. It happens when its near/on a phone.. or laptop.
Try changing up headphones and see if that changes anything. Sometimes cables act like antennas so it might be the particular setup that's prone to RF.

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #3,372 of 6,858
hey guys. i've done more testing and the shuffle issue seems to be related to the size of the list being shuffled, not the characters per se. I loaded a 64 Gb card with around 1600 files and set it to shuffle and it worked with no issues. keep in mind some of these files were some of the same that were giving me problems when i tried to shuffle my list of 15,000. So there seems to be limit to the size of the list that can be shuffled without creating the character issue. i will test further to see how many files can be shuffled safely.

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #3,374 of 6,858
hey guys. i've done more testing and the shuffle issue seems to be related to the size of the list being shuffled, not the characters per se. I loaded a 64 Gb card with around 1600 files and set it to shuffle and it worked with no issues. keep in mind some of these files were some of the same that were giving me problems when i tried to shuffle my list of 15,000. So there seems to be limit to the size of the list that can be shuffled without creating the character issue. i will test further to see how many files can be shuffled safely.

confirmed.
Added some of the folders to a 2GB card, and no issues.

Hiby..what are you doing here then.

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #3,375 of 6,858
Strange you should be using a 64gb card with 1600 tracks on it with no problems. I’m using a 64 with 1500 and have no problems with shuffle whatsoever also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back