1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last
  1. khyaris
    I tried with USB and DAC mode, nothing happens. I updated the fw as well. I'm just gonna buy another usb c cable, hopefully hiby's gonna pay me back but I read they QC their cables before shipping. **** this.

2. mykupyku
    yes, soft ones

3. FridgeMagnet

4. Brian Martin
    Ok people these r3's are being shipped. Evidently some customs issues caused the first notifications and then stalls. Mine was on a truck to me here today in Florida but I had to delay delivery a day as I was with my wife in the hospital. She's home now and well enough to sign for my new r3 tomorrow while I struggle for the legal tender. HAVE HOPE!

5. mikp
    Did not notice the soft one also came off when removing the tab. No wonder I could not see the pre applied one. The tempered one is not good, should be a little shorter so it would fit, the glue is not holding at top or bottom.

Guess I have 1 soft one left.

6. FridgeMagnet

:astonished:

Well I hope you took yourself out of harm’s way.

So where are you living now, still living in Hurricane Country or did you come to your senses & get on the Freeway Of Logic, Interstate:motorway:10 & head west onto California or points in between.?

7. abitdeef

No I got a case of extreme stupidity and moved back to O Hi O.

8. FridgeMagnet
    :confounded:

Well that’s a bit better but stay outta the O:wave:O Valley, keep on high ground!

What’s the weather like today getting hot & humid there already:cold_sweat:

9. abitdeef
    No it’s actually not to bad today

10. FridgeMagnet

Well that’s good as you well know better than I it can change on a dime there esp in the summer. [although I’m a bit of a weather but so follow the weather pretty closely everywhere esp here & there so I’m watching what goes on most days...]

Kegs of Ice Tea.!

So how’s the R3 sounding since you’ve had it for a while now...

11. FridgeMagnet

12. Python002
    Received tracking 8 days ago and no updates.

willy.4 likes this.
  13. WatCult
    I was using the R3 as a USB DAC with my laptop. It takes awhile to switch to DAC mode. Sometime I have to unplug and replug in the cable. Volume (100%) is softer using the R3 as USB DAC compared to using it as a portable media player.

14. abitdeef
    197ADEF1-28F5-408A-A55A-6D63C12F4534.jpeg BDB1353C-4F92-4EB6-8D06-1260654C7F38.jpeg
    It sounds pretty damn good, better than my 700 dollar (the price when I bought it) ak70 as a matter of fact. Only the balanced out of the ZX300 sounds better to my ears. I like the sound better than all the daps in the same price range and better than Cayin n5ii and opus #1 although some of them had a slightly wider stage and more power output.

The ESS chips have really improved since the dx90. If you don’t have hard to drive cans you will love it. No hiss either, it has a very black background. I like the meatly/musical tone and it still has nice detail and layering.

I got my Shanling MO today and it was bricked as soon as I tried to use it. The touchscreen is unresponsive, and I’ve tried every reset but it just hangs on the now playing screen. Very cute and cool looking but nothing but a 100 dollar paperweight to me .

Pics flash and no flash ^^^

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    smallcaps and FridgeMagnet like this.
  15. superuser1
    Ozric Tentacles FTW!

It seems @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble have done some magic and my R3 which was stuck at customs may start moving. :Fingers crossed:

First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last