The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #2,776 of 6,857
Well riddle me this ..look what turned up this morning my Hiby R3 and type-c 3.5mm to coaxial adapter sans leather case ..Thanks hiby... but you are still not off the hook the shipping has been a disaster i am nos 13** and backers way below me have still not received theirs they should have been priority ..

I will be comparing this to my Sony A45 just to check the UI and sound i am keeping my fingers crossed it does not sound too neutral ..i will also be stacking with my FIIO A5
I know what you mean, received my shipping email this afternoon, backer#11**

Jun 25, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #2,777 of 6,857
Haven't gone through the thread, but when does retail sales start?
Hahahaha! Sorry I had to. When the Kickstarter shipping is finished or the majority of it I would think. However it seems like HiBy are or were a bit low on R3s to ship all of them out during May. Hopefully soon, but who knows :wink: don’t order the Chinese version if you want to stream anything though (you can’t flash it with other firmware only Chinese apparently) So better to wait for the international version.
I only got shipping email today :) #11**

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #2,778 of 6,857
Hahahaha! Sorry I had to. When the Kickstarter shipping is finished or the majority of it I would think. However it seems like HiBy are or were a bit low on R3s to ship all of them out during May. Hopefully soon, but who knows :wink: don’t order the Chinese version if you want to stream anything though (you can’t flash it with other firmware only Chinese apparently) So better to wait for the international version.
I only got shipping email today :) #11**
Like I said, I'm not following this thread. Just wanted to know if it was updated as their KS page says Retail starts in June and June is just about over. Guess they are behind schedule. Will wait for the email from them when it finally goes on retail.

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2,780 of 6,857
The Hiby R3 and Chord Mojo are pretty much a perfect pairing, sound and size wise. Also thanks to the Hiby short coax cable making this setup looking so clean.

I also used 3M velcro strip to stack instead of rubber bands to keep it neat and tidy and not blocking the screen. With velcro, I can also separate both devices easily when needed.

A long wait, but ultimately worth it. Can't wait for the addition of LDAC!

MA2FS6B.jpg

auPIhNr.jpg

Hey Reebonz,

A question for you.

Do you live in Washington state & if so are you familiar with :sunny:Sunshine if so did you have your profile pic with a car in your yard?

As your name Reebonz is quite unusual & I remember seeing a user on there with the same name with a profile pic of a car in the yard...

If that’s you send me a pm please with some info about that back then so I’m sure I’m talking to the right person about that timeline.

Thx...

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #2,781 of 6,857
Looks Great ! How does it sound?

Wonder if your WIFI and/or Bluetooth(+ eventual LDAC Transmission) will be affected by the MOJO blocking the back side ? Suspect signals will only come out through the screen side when connected to the Mojo...
- Same thing happens if you place ANY phone or Wireless DAP with the backside (or frontside) on a Metal or Heavy Dense Surface I suppose...
(Though you might have the R3 detached when you use bluetooth/LDAC headphones)

Wifi and Bluetooth signals are fine but I think there is random interference noise when listening from the Mojo if the WiFi of the R3 is turned on. It's the same when Mojo is connected to a smartphone so it's not the Hiby R3 fault.

Hey Reebonz,

A question for you.

Do you live in Washington state & if so are you familiar with :sunny:Sunshine if so did you have your profile pic with a car in your yard?

As your name Reebonz is quite unusual & I remember seeing a user on there with the same name with a profile pic of a car in the yard...

If that’s you send me a pm please with some info about that back then so I’m sure I’m talking to the right person about that timeline.

Thx...

Sorry, I'm not the person you are describing.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #2,782 of 6,857
Wifi and Bluetooth signals are fine but I think there is random interference noise when listening from the Mojo if the WiFi of the R3 is turned on. It's the same when Mojo is connected to a smartphone so it's not the Hiby R3 fault.

Sorry, I'm not the person you are describing.

Ok, that’s unfortunate.

Oh well, anyhow with a user name like that you’ve got company on this Planet:earth_americas:
A doppelgänger somewhere out there...

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #2,783 of 6,857
Backer # 21 Grey with leather case.

Got shipping email on 20th June, checked the tracking number and all it said was DHL got the shipping request but haven't received the item.

Checked it again Sunday 24th and it said it has been processed through their facilities and should be delivered Wed or Thursday. Got a call from a colleague today (Monday 25th) on my one day off this week that a package was just delivered to my workplace.

Just in time before I fly interstate for 2 weeks on Thursday.
Got initial DHL tracking # on June 20 as well. However, mine still shows as DHL waiting for the item... :frowning2:

Any update on the lack of tracking updates for a week on DHL? Many of us have seen it just say "tracking number received" with no update since the 19th.
Yup. Same for me since the 20th...

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #2,784 of 6,857
Sorry to keep you waiting. We have shipped all black and gray units except 16 backers have not provided their shipping address.
Please supply your backer No. and I'ill check the track # if it is available.
Don't worry please, yours is on the way.
I am backer #767 and was sent the shipping notice a week ago, but nothing has changed since then saying "courier info received" and nothing.since. Can you check on my status please?

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #2,785 of 6,857
I know what you mean, received my shipping email this afternoon, backer#11**

Hmm... So, they're supposedly shipping these out in numeric order. Obviously, they are not, so it makes me wonder what was their criteria for the shipping order. Sigh, I don't expect to receive mine till August. These kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns take so long to actually receive the goods. If Hiby actually ship mine by August, then it's an example of amazingly speedy delivery so I can't give them any flack.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #2,786 of 6,857
Wait a minute here, I just realized my previous reply was to a backer with #11** as in > 1000. When i see posts like this, I can't help but to bubble over in anger. #833 and haven't received any email since the "your wish is our command" email. If these guys hadn't lied about shipping out in numerical order, I wouldn't be as annoyed. Seeing someone with backer # > 1300 receive their product and someone > 1000 getting their shipping notice is really pissing me off.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #2,787 of 6,857
been listening to mine for a while i will put a video up doing some comparisons ...one thing i must say is the screen is gorgeous on this thing a very good quality ips lcd panel has been used ..Now the sound is ok not bad but the treble damn where did it go?.... it sounds a bit splashy its early days yet so more listening needs to be done with various headphones

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #2,788 of 6,857
IMG_20180626_090701.jpg

A mini shootout - unfortunately only one will qualify as my desktop and on-the-go dac/amp.

xDSD Pro: Really really good sound quality
xDSD Con: Big footprint

Earstudio Pro: Really good sound quality as well and three times smaller than the xDSD
Earstudio: None, really. No micro SD input?

The Hiby just arrived. Just upgraded to firmware 1.09. Will be testing how it performs at the desk and on the go. Looks to be a great in between the xDSD and Earstudio especially since it doubles up as a standalone player too. Might stand a higher chance once firmware upgrade allows for LDAC and AptX (HD) in receiver mode.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #2,789 of 6,857
Wait a minute here, I just realized my previous reply was to a backer with #11** as in > 1000. When i see posts like this, I can't help but to bubble over in anger. #833 and haven't received any email since the "your wish is our command" email. If these guys hadn't lied about shipping out in numerical order, I wouldn't be as annoyed. Seeing someone with backer # > 1300 receive their product and someone > 1000 getting their shipping notice is really pissing me off.
I hear you i agree the earlier backers should be priority i joined the kickstarter 5 days before it closed and i have mine not great

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #2,790 of 6,857
I hear you i agree the earlier backers should be priority i joined the kickstarter 5 days before it closed and i have mine not great

I may NEVER buy another Hiby product again. I missed the early bird by 1 day because the email arrived in my spam folder. Yeah, so basically, I've been a backer since day 2. I was on the email campaign for weeks before the campaign to get notified of the early bird. I've been able to stay patient because I thought earlier orders were being shipped before mine. Now, I'm in pissed off mode.

@Joe Bloggs You guys planning on getting organized any day now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back